Forum

emotional

I find every month with my period I get very emotional. I haven’t stopped crying today. I feel like everyone is getting on with there life apart from me. My husband is back at work, kids at school and I can just manage to get some shopping in and cook tea if its a good day.I’ve tried to do more but I then pay for it. Friends are busy and I find myself being angry at my mum even though she’s doing lots for me. A friend came round yesterday and told me about her partners mum who is 65 with ms bed bound and has no memory and I just feel like I’ve got this life sentence that will only get worse as what I can do because of pain and fatigue is hard. Its been 5 months since my relapse and I feel that this is it for me now. Sorry to rant but don’t know where else to turn.

(((((((())))))))) from me to you Completely understand. Seven months for me, since this started. I had a good day on Monday. Managed to do some cleaning around the house and have spent ever since, paying the price. Xx

Hi there, I completely get where you’re coming from. Some days when I think about the future I feel like a big black cloud has come over me and I’m scared about what will happen with my life. Me and hubby keep thinking about going abroad to get a bit of sun ( haven’t had a holiday for 6 years for one reason or another ) but we’re scared in case I get ill on the plane or in another country. I’m sometimes scared to go out even for a night as I don’t know what’s going to happen. Twice now recently, we’ve been out for a meal with friends and I’ve nearly collapsed both times. Been feeling fine and then all of a sudden I feel faint and sick and my whole body "buzzes ". It was so embarrasing trying to get out of the restaurant without collapsing. People thought I was drunk. So now I’m reluctant to venture out places. I think the only thing to do is live with the hope that things aren’t going to get too bad and maybe this is as bad as it will get. That bucks me up a little and then I find it easier to get on with things. Sometimes I think I’m still in denial about the whole thing even though I was diagnosed nearly a year ago. Like you, I always get more emotional approx the 9th/10th day before my period and everything always seems worse then. Fortunately when those days have passed I feel a bit better in my head. We all just want to feel "normal " again don’t we.

Is loosing all memory still possible? The one thing I’d hate to loose is my sense of self : (

Their are different levels of MS, it doesnt mean you will nessosarly lose your memory, some people can live active lives others can suffer greatly, I forget things all the time, even thinking Ill go upstair to use the bathroom to come back down thinking what was I doing up there but I laugh it off, MS is a disabilatating diesease, but meds are improving all the time and research is continuous, we all live in hope.

I think the most important thing to remember is, it could be bad for a day, a week or a month, but you will have good days and make the most of them, make the most of whatever you can, enjoy the little things the big things and laugh hard at the funny things, Life does throw some rubbish our way sometimes but you have loved ones, your not doing it alone and we are all hear for you to.

This will sound silly but I have a dance for each day of the week, and even when I was wheelchair bound for a few weeks I continued it, sounds stupid but it makes me laugh, it most consists of a wiggle and jazz hands with variations for each day, The Friday dance is my favouraite.

Anyway peace and love and hugs and smile keep smiling.

Come on Tom. Post the Friday dance on photobucket!!! Have a pleasant evening. Al

Ha ha, I was waiting for that, ok, on Friday I wil post the Friday dance! then you can all laugh.

Tom C I am liking your thinking!! Made me smile after a rather rubbish day at work!!

Zoe, I think we all kinda have days where we worry about anything and everything and feel there isn’t much hope but like everyone else has said we just have to make the very best of the good days…I am yet to listen to my own advice! Was dx a month ago and life seems a struggle at the moment but it can NOT take over…I won’t let it. As i read on here…we have M.S the M.S doesn’t have us. Hope you feel more positive soon xx

Tom C I am liking your thinking!! Made me smile after a rather rubbish day at work!!

Zoe, I think we all kinda have days where we worry about anything and everything and feel there isn’t much hope but like everyone else has said we just have to make the very best of the good days…I am yet to listen to my own advice! Was dx a month ago and life seems a struggle at the moment but it can NOT take over…I won’t let it. As i read on here…we have M.S the M.S doesn’t have us. Hope you feel more positive soon xx

MS sucks. No doubt about it. But there is only a tiny percentage of people who end up bed bound. The vast majority of us live really quite normal lives, albeit with a few walking sticks and/or wheelchairs, a lot of pills and the odd diary full of medical appointments! But none of these things mean that life is over. None of these things mean that life can’t still be fulfilling, long or happy. Yes, sometimes it’s hard. We have to make changes and we have to deal with loss far more than anyone should. But we are still here and we owe it to ourselves to make the most of it. MS is not a reason to stay home, to not have kids, to not have a holiday, to not date, to not learn to drive, to not study, to not… do anything no matter how big or small. There is always a way. MS is totally unpredictable. You may end up badly disabled. You may end up very mildly disabled. Either way, what would you prefer to look back on: a life that was interesting and full of good memories or a load of "if only"s? I’m off to Australia in June, with my wheelchair, my walking sticks, my bagful of pills and syringes and holiday insurance that covers MS. If I can do it, so can you. MS is NOT the end of the world. . I know how hard it is in the beginning to believe this. Give yourself some time. You’ll get there. Karen x

Thanks everyone, Karen please don’t forgot your laptop when you are in Australia, missed your posts last week as was worried that you were not posting. You don’t really realise how much we need your wisdom.

LOL! I promise to take my laptop, but I can’t promise how much I’ll post - I might be too busy snorkelling :slight_smile: Kx

Evening Tom. I came home from work, full of anticipation! Where’s the Friday dance? BTW Your songs are excellent. My daughter commented on how good they are as well. Keep 'em coming. Al