Forum

EFT

Hi, Anyone here practice EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) ie. Tapping? I stumbled upon a webcast about this and now I’m really keen to try it and learn more. The concept of stress/emotional trauma causing illness seems to fit the bill for me. Heather

Hi, hadn’t heard of this but have just had a wee google - looks interesting… I’m getting counselling at the moment using EMDR (can’t remember what the letters stand for) to help deal with painful memories which are still causing negative emotions. From what I read it seems that EFT does the same but uses a different technique. Definitely could be worth looking into more…

Hi Heather,

I used to use EFT frequently until I was satisfied that MS was simply too much for it (performed my own ‘therapy’ and spoke to a couple of expert practicioners, but still physically deteriorated despite this).

Having lost a lot of control in my right arm/hand, I can now only do the ‘tapping’ procedure with my subordinate hand where I used to do this (in turn) with both.

I used to find it great for addressing and resolving headaches. (…Presumably because there was never any emotional trigger, so even a numpty like me could get some benefit without trying to find a deep reason?!!)

If you want to give this a try, please be aware that this isn’t a ‘quick-fix’ and needs a lot of time, thought and practise to be of any use

Dom

Thanks for your replies. My Mum died in February and she had always been an absolute monster to me for reasons rooted in her family history, so I have a lot of pent up emotions. I believe that everything happens for a reason, so when I came across EFT it felt as though “something” was directing me to sort myself out. I have a lot of free time to give it a go, and if it leads onto other things that’s all part of the journey. Thanks again.