do pets help with ms?

Awwwh, that really made me smile - I feel just the same about my two cocker spaniels…

I’m not sure he feels the same way - currently getting stared at! He doesn’t seem to get that today is Saturday, and therefore it is acceptable for me to still be in my pjs, and we will have our morning walk AFTER Saturday Morning Kitchen

We have 5 cats and they seem to know when either my wife or I are having a bad day. Couldn’t live without them…

Do pets help with MS?

Hmm, not sure to be honest. I find the injectable dogs fairly painful and prefer the oral cats but can’t wait to try the new budgie spray soon to be released…

B

PS My life would be unimaginable without my two cats Smokey and Charlie and my gorgeous dog Sam. As I type this Smokey is lying curled up on my left arm, purring away and Charlie (who is only 1) is chasing my fingers across the keyboard. I have to do a lot of editing with Charlie around and Sam is lying by my bed with his tail thumping away… So companionable having animals

hi, ive a cat called sandy, whom is very old(i got him in 98, i guessed he was about 7 then) , but is always around,and snuggles wen im having a bad day! i dread the day he dies(god forbid) but on the upside, my cat helps me on a daily basis, as does my husband, who is not a cat person( in our family we always have had animals, from dogs,cats, even goats!) where i love cats and always have!! we have a large fish tank, and watching the fish helps to relax.

animals really do help, with any illness i belive.

I was so depressed I couldn’t find anything positive to look forward to. We got a kitten and I learned to look forward to happy things again. I couldn’t wait to find out what kind of cat he’s turn into. Especially if he became a cuddly cat :slight_smile:

Sadly, he was hit by a car and died when he was just over a year old. The grief of his loss was overwhelming. But now I can look back and smile. I will get some more kittens when our old lady cat leaves us. As long as they promise not to play with the cars!

On a serious note, there are assistance dogs who can help with our day-to-day living. I’m not sure I’d want a dog taking my clean washing out of the washing machine! Having a little dog who you take on gentle walks could lift the spirits as well as possibly help mobility? I don’t know, but it would have to be somewhere I wouldn’t trip myself up!

im so glad to see that our pets help us all in one way or another, this is my first cat as i had hamsters before, i had 3 altogether one after the other, 2 i bought and the 3rd was left running around in the corridor by my flat and the concierge asked if it was mine, i said no but if it was dumped then id glady have it, i called him fudge, he was a narky lil beggar but cute, they all lived for about 2 years and were spoilt rotten, i cried my eyes out for ages after they died and said id never have another pet coz of the state i got in when they die, but along came murphy and i cant imagine life without him, he doesnt help with the washing but does like to curl up in the washer after im done and curl up in the sink licking the taps to get the water on when he wants a think which i think is funny, he acts like a big man but as soon as theres a bang hes the first one to run behind his bed by the heater till i get back n show him theres nothing to be scared of then hes busy hunting around to check for himself lol

Cats are wonderful, we have three all strays we have taken in, JoJo is about fourteen now, we found her on the road and had to get her leg pinned lucky she did not lose it, Dave our black tom is about nine he was feral and was causing problems in the neighbourhood we had him doctored and defleaed and he is the most beautiful cat now everyone wants him, and finally we have Garfield a ginger tom who turned up in the garden being sick, turned out he had gingervitus and so another vet bill followed. I can honestly say they have been worth every penny, the make a house a home and give so much comfort. They are are babies now the children have grown up and get spoilt rotten. Dave in particular always knows when I am not well and will not leave my side he is more like a dog.

Mark