Couple of questions

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the MS HUG is as im not sure of the symptoms?? And is it true that all people with ms end up in a wheelchair??

RE the wheelchair - according to the stats that I’ve read about 75% of people with MS do NOT use a wheelchair.

So I guess the answer to that has to be know.

Cant help you with the hug query though.

Regards

Hiya,

Definitely not everybody with MS eventually need a wheelchair - it is a possibility, but not a definite. I think I’ve had a hug from MS (what clown thought that name up?) - to me, it feels like I have a weight on my chest, I don’t feel like I can take a deep breath, and my arms feel really heavy too - luckily it usually passes, some people get it for days.

Luisa x

I hate it when people say ‘end up in a wheelchair’ the truth is that very few ‘end up in a wheelchair’ but quite a few use a w/c as a tool. so they can get about more,i have had to start using one, when i go to the shops,

that way i can stay out longer, i can only walk a few yards before feeling really ill,so i was getting more and more housebound, so even though i dont like to use one, i really have no choice now, and i dont know but i think that ther a are quite a few in the same position as me, but i dont think ive done bad, because i have had MS nearly 20 years now,and its only this last few years that my mobility has got to the stage where i use a w/c.

When i get the ms hug, it feels like my chest is in a vice,its the muscles in your upper body that go into a spasm.

jaki xx

[quote=“jaki”]

I hate it when people say ‘end up in a wheelchair’ the truth is that very few ‘end up in a wheelchair’ but quite a few use a w/c as a tool. so they can get about more,i have had to start using one, when i go to the shops,

that way i can stay out longer, i can only walk a few yards before feeling really ill,so i was getting more and more housebound, so even though i dont like to use one, i really have no choice now, and i dont know but i think that ther a are quite a few in the same position as me, but i dont think ive done bad, because i have had MS nearly 20 years now,and its only this last few years that my mobility has got to the stage where i use a w/c.

When i get the ms hug, it feels like my chest is in a vice,its the muscles in your upper body that go into a spasm.

jaki xx

[/quote] Hi sorry for how i put the question it was not meant to offend anyone! sometimes i just dont think :slight_smile:

[quote=“jaki”]

jaki xx

[/quote] Hi sorry for how i put the question it was not meant to offend anyone! sometimes i just dont think :slight_smile:

Thats ok,i didnt find it offensive, it just irritates me when its said.

jaki xx