could I ask please

Has anybody had clear MRI and been diagnosed via LP?

Hi Medion,

20 months ago I was hospitalised with numb legs and altered sensations and weakness in both legs but worse on the right side. Both MRI and LP where clear and I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Transverse Myelitis. I was told that the likely hood of it being MS with clear test results was almost zero to none. Fast forward to March this year and new MRI scans now show lesions in my brain and I was given a dx of RRMS.

I know this doesn’t fully answer your question as I wasn’t diagnosed on the LP, but it is possible for a clear MRI to still end up being MS, although I think it is unusual.

Shuffler

Hi Medion,

20 months ago I was hospitalised with numb legs and altered sensations and weakness in both legs but worse on the right side. Both MRI and LP where clear and I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Transverse Myelitis. I was told that the likely hood of it being MS with clear test results was almost zero to none. Fast forward to March this year and new MRI scans now show lesions in my brain and I was given a dx of RRMS.

I know this doesn’t fully answer your question as I wasn’t diagnosed on the LP, but it is possible for a clear MRI to still end up being MS, although I think it is unusual.

Shuffler