Forum

Copaxone

Hi all, been on Copaxone for 3 days now which so far is so much better than Rebif in terms of side effects.  The only problem I'm having is a constant headache, its not a really bad one and goes away with a headache tablet but when that wears off it's still there.  Has anyone else experienced this with Copaxone and if so did it go away over time?  Many thanks.

That is interesting.
I have been on Copaxone for 9 months now, and yes, I do get the occasional headache.
Inject in the morning, and get the headache in the afternoon or early evening. They seem to come every day for a week or so, and then not occur for a month or two.  A Paracetamol tablet usually takes care of what is annoying but not really painful.

The point is that I have not suffered from headaches for years, and was not getting any before starting Copaxone.

Migraine type headaches are a known (but infrequent) copaxone side effect - but the oned that I get are nowhere that bad.
If yours are a problem you should contact your Copaxone nurse, and it would be a good idea to let your MS nurse know as well.

Geoff

Hi

I have never been on Copaxone, but I did used to get a headache for a while when I first started Rebif, so I took a couple of ibuprofen on the evenings I injected. After a fortnight or so I didn't need to bother.

Now I'm on Tysabri, and sometimes get a mild headache during/after that, but I'm putting that down to not drinking enough while I am there for the day, as I have a long journey too and try not to drink because of tpoilet stops...TMI I know.

Anyway, hope you find a way of managing it soon :)