Computers - Male or Female?

ARE COMPUTERS MALE OR FEMALE

Two groups of computer experts (one male and the other female) were asked to recommend whether computers should be referred to as male or female, and to give four reasons for their choice.

The group of women reported that the computers should be referred to in the male gender because:

1.In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.

2.They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.

3.They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they are the problem.

1. As soon as you commit to one, you realise that, if you had waited a little longer you could have had a better model.

The men, on the other hand, concluded that computers should be referred to in the feminine gender because:

1.No one but the Creator understands their internal logic.

2.The language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.

3.Even your smallest mistakes are stored in the long term memory for later retrieval.

1. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your pay-cheque on accessories for it.

Regards to all

Rob

2 Likes

ha ha!

that was funny.

sort of agree with the first part and it was confirmed by the second part.

or is that just me being sexist?

carole x

You wouldn’t believe the lies I’ve told and things I’ve promised to be allowed to type this.Good post Rob and I’m now looking for a hermaphroditic PC…A snail with a hard drive?

Wb

As Lola says in the lovely “kinky Boots” film, at the transgender night club, “Ladies and Gentleman … and all those who have not yet made up their minds.”

Regards

Rob

I loved that film

Yes a very clever movie. I have watched it many times. "Lola: “You never know the joy you can find among the unwanted and the abandoned.”

Rob

1 Like

Good luck with your search.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Good post, Computers have to be female because they continually have a moody if you don’t press the right buttons. .

Only kidding ladies.

Robert.

Well if you say so but I would not possibly care to comment. :)) Getting ready for the New Year and sorting out the visits to the MS Therapy Centre for the oxygen treatment. Must try to think up a few more amusing tales for the New Year to go in the news letter.

Happy New Year to all

Rob

Hi Rob,

I hope the oxygen treatment works for you. I saw the thread a bit late but I enjoyed reading it.

Happy New new year to everyone.

Robert.

Computers are definitely male because you have to tell it exactly what you want, if you address a general subject it brings up alsorts of bizarre subjects and at the end refer’s you to someone else for the answer like a bloke called Jeeve’s. If you open up too many subjects it crashes and demands a reset.you have to spell everything out letter by letter, Shall I go on?

Pauline xx

I surrender. Now I know exactly where I went wrong. Thank you Pauline. :))

Happy New Year

Rob