Compared to what's normal

Penny drop moment …my older sister is here she’s just two years older than me. Shes helping to move all of the furniture from upstairs. Dismantling beds moving heavy boxes and computers , books you name it …no she’s not super human she’s normal in fact of the two of us I was always the stronger. Am I lazy ? i ask myself …no this all pervading illness has take the best of me, cognitively, physically and enotionally . You know some times i feel guilty if i have a better day but even my best days are nowhere near normal. Michelle and Frazer xx

2 Likes

I think we’re singing from the same hymn sheet here Michelle.

My mate Rick did a couple hours of the real heavy work yesterday. He’s a car nut and we chatted about some of ridiculous jobs we’d done on cars. I was normal once.

Steve x woof

1 Like

Hi Michelle

I think it does come as a bit of a shock when you realize that times have changed and this is the new ‘normal’ but you will accept it as life maybe different but still enjoyable and worthwhile.

Give yourself a pat on the back for all the things you do, don’t beat yourself up as you are incredible.

Pam x

1 Like

Yes Pam it’s the new ‘normal’ We are still us it do things in a different way . I always say that my wheels are my legs. Frazer loves me just as I am. Michelle and Frazer xx

1 Like

Sad isn’t it Steve, Lee make me laugh I once made him change all of the bedroom around moving the wardrobes and our bed to the opposite end of the room . I must of been having a bad day I was moaning about me being useless and Lee very sarcastically said “see you’ve moved it all and just with your tongue” I hope everything goes well for Monday Steve, will your friends help you to move ? Michelle and Frazer xx

1 Like

I’m from a big family but it’s the other way round here. Us eldest three are natural sisters, I’m the first of us yet my youngest sister is now arranging holidays for us with my Mum, passing clothing that might fit/suit onto me, checking in that I’m ok - even tho I know she has a challenging job and sorts things out. It’s so lovely on the one hand but I hate that I rely on her so much now (she’s my best friend too). I hope it gives her some satisfaction at least and she knows how much it means to me… seriously, welling up typing this! I so miss being the responsible/independent one. That all disappeared and I’d be on my arse without my husband and family

Sonia xx

2 Likes

Aww that’s lovely Sonia , I’m sure that you give an awful lot back too. It’s hard being the ‘looked after one’ isn’t it . My sister is always bringing clothes for me even giving me her things she always been very kind hearted. But I know she has a hard time too her son has aspergers like my Ben . She always thinks of others. I hope that she knows how much I love and appreciate her. Michelle and Frazer xx

2 Likes