chocking fit

A short while ago i dosed off in my chair (as we do) only to be wakened abruptly by a feeling of chocking on my saliva.

I couldnt catch my breath coughing and whooping as i tryed to breath, i really thought that i was going to pass out.

It took ages to get my breath back, i was sooooo scared,my heart was going 10 to the dozen.

Eventually i did stop and get my breath back,i,ve never been so scared before,i think it was because i was asleep when it happened i have had times where food has stuck in my throat but nothing like this,is this an ms thing or do i put it down to just a fluke?

Or am i just beeing silly and reading too much in to it.

Barbara.xx

Hello Barbara

I don’t know if it’s anything to do with ms. Have you got or had a cold, just wondering if you have a bit more sticky fluid hanging around at the moment. When you were asleep the fluid will have been sitting at the back of your throat maybe. Something similar has happened to me and your right it’s not nice.

If you are really worried, have a word with your gp.

Noreen x

Hi Barbara, I had one of them a while ago. I was asleep and during the night I woke up choking. It was horrible I was gasping for breathe and It took ages to get back to normal. It was really scary and I sympathise with you. I have no idea if it was ms but I think it was just one of those things. Not one I want to repeat in a hurry. Mags xx

[quote=“Blossom”]

Hello Barbara

I don’t know if it’s anything to do with ms. Have you got or had a cold, just wondering if you have a bit more sticky fluid hanging around at the moment. When you were asleep the fluid will have been sitting at the back of your throat maybe. Something similar has happened to me and your right it’s not nice.

If you are really worried, have a word with your gp.

Noreen x

[/quote] Thanks Noreen ive not got a cold or hay fever so it wasnt that but it did give me a fright i feel better now,living on your own when things like that happen is scary but i think it was just one of those things i just hope it dosent happen again Barbara.xx

hi barbara

this has happened to me a dozen times or so now. yes its scary. i havent really mentioned this on here but will tell u more in pm if u want? if not i totally understand.

ellie x

Hello again Barbara

Next time you have a review with doc, I would mention it. I always think a new problem is always worth flagging up with the professional’s just to be on the safe side.

Take care, Noreen

i’ve heard that people with ms are often reffered to speech therapy to ensure they dont choke.

i don’t know if this is right but maybe your doctor could discuss it with you.

carole x

Thanks all im feeling a bit more positive today,i will talk to my gp the next time i have an appiontment and see if its anything to worry about.

I do hope it was just one of those things and it wont happen again not had a nap today as yet thanks all Barbara.xx