CASH

I spent 3k on a wheelchair, 10k on a walk in shower, 5k on a stairlift and they still won’t fund a ramp for me to get out of my house cos my wife earns too much. We have a heavy ramp that my wife can assemble at weekends but, during the week, NHS drivers aren’t allowed to cos of Health and Safety so I’m stuck indoors. STOOPID.

Hi Friend. The rules are so stupid. They want you to fund things your self,so instead of trying to save your wifes wages,you have to spend it to make your life easyier. What happens when your wife has to give up work. You have my best wishes. Take Care. Chris

Have you tried asking the Local Lions Club if they can help you Regards Gunrunner :?: :slight_smile:

I may have missed something but why don’t you fund this yourself? It would appear that you could afford to and to me it would be better than being stuck indoors

You can afford it. Why should others fund it?

Silence wrote:

You can afford it. Why should others fund it?

Just because an arbitary figure is set by councils/government does not mean we can afford it. I am in the same position as the original poster my husband ‘earns too much’. It would be great if he did - but no one looks at how often we have had to increase our mortgage to be able to fund things I need as well as the cost of raising two children/teenagers/adults. No one bothers that we had to wait for my father in law to die before we could afford a small downstairs bedroom and wet room. I sit at home wearing extra clothes to avoid having the heating bills going up anymore. I have one light on behind me to save on electricity. The thing is our camel’s back is broken - we CAN’T afford anymore, and no one cares.

We can’t afford it. The last holiday I had was 6 years ago, for example. We borrowed to afford “treats” like the stairlift and shower …

montyclift wrote:

I spent 3k on a wheelchair, 10k on a walk in shower, 5k on a stairlift and they still won’t fund a ramp for me to get out of my house cos my wife earns too much.

Anger, irritation, jealousy, disregard of the author’s problem,…
montyclift wrote:

We can’t afford it. The last holiday I had was 6 years ago, for example. We borrowed to afford “treats” like the stairlift and shower …

Sympathy, understanding, compassion, anger with the authorities,… ___________________________________________ The power of language.