Forum

Cars for scooters

I never imagined that the car i chose to drive would have to accommodate a hoist for a scooter

But that time has come so i need some advice please on the most suitable vehicles that you have had.

My scooter is a Pride Go-go Elite traveller. weighing under 40Kgs.

Karen

Hi Karen

I haven’t had to go down this route (as yet) but a friend has. He does not have MS like we do but still has to use a scooter for his disability.

He has a Citroen Berlingo. It seems to do everything he needs and he gets the scooter in and out with little issue.

Wish you all the best with your choice x

Karen

I have recently bought a second hand Peugeot Partner Teepee which is an ex Motability car. It has been adapted for wheelchair/scooter use and has a sloping area behind the seats and a ramp. It can accommodate 5 persons or three and a wheelchair/scooter. It is higher off the ground and easy to get in and out of.

It is perfect for me as I do not walk very well and I use a scooter. Just fold down one pair of seats and drive in the scooter. I have the same scooter as you have. Mine does not have a winch, but I am sure that could be added, if required.

The Berlingo equivalent is more or less the same car.

Best wishes

Alun