Blurred vision

Hi, for the past year I have had blurred vision in my right eye and it has gradually got worse. I recently got a letter off my neurologist who said I might have optic neuritis. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this and how they were treated. Also was it was successful if so how long did it take.

Thanks,

Amy.

About 50% or so of people with MS get optic neuritis at some stage I think. Unfortunately, there is no treatment for it other than steroids which can help to shorten the attack.

Really sorry to have to tell you, but if you have had yours for that long and it has not improved at all, it is unlikely to do so now :frowning:

Karen x

Hi Amy,

Have you been to see an othomologist regarding your vision, I ask as I am suffering with opotic neuritis at the moment, Karen is right about the steroids but feel you should get a definate dx from someone other than your neuro as she hasn’t got the equipment to examine your eyes in the same manner. Visit your gp and ask for a refferal and see what they say. At least it could hopefully prevent it getting any worse. I wish you luck.

Janet

x