Biotin Vitamin B For Progesive MS

Hi spacejacket

how much are taking at present

trish

Did you get the high speed delivery or just the normal one? I ordered my biotin six days ago (from Bulk Supplements US) and am wondering whether it’s going to be here soon.

Also, why do you need to take B1 with it?

Finally, does it matter if you’re taking lots of drugs for symptom management (since I am)?

There have been some very interesting and informative posts on the Biotin for Progressive MS facebook page. As you can imagine with a ‘global group’ we do have people who actually are scientist/work in pharmacies etc. And they have all followed the Med-day Trial. lt appears that several of the B vitamins were also used with the B7 Biotin. Mainly, B1 - thiamine.

lts worth reading the files - on this facebook group.

l did buy - from Amazon the Smart Weigh Micro scales so that l can weigh out correctly the powder. l need 0.10g x3 times a day. total 0.30g. Now this is a minute amount - so my 100g should last 333days. l am taking 500g of B1 as well as B12.

Well - this could be -‘‘too much information’’ - but this has happened to a couple of guys who are taking Biotin- and are on the facebook group. They have had surprising results - A re-awakening of sexual arousement - there - l have said it.

~One chap said he thought that part of his life had gone forever.

Now things are ‘looking up’ for them.

1 Like

But did you pay for express delivery for the biotin or was it just the normal delivery? I’m worried mine’s lost in the post.

The

No l don’t think l paid for express delivery. Can you email them and ask if it has been posted - and perhaps you could track the package.

l bought supplements from Swansons US - recently - never again as l was charged customs clearance of £14.

Have you got some milligram scales. l am surprised at how small amount we need to take - especially comparing it to the 30 tablets of 10.000mcg l was taking of the over the counter biotin. This is because of all the fillers in it.

l use a small piece of edible rice paper to weigh my Biotin on - then l can just pick it up and put it straight into my mouth.

0.1g x 3 times a day.

Swansons have a european site so you could avoid ordering from US. Also available from Amazon UK

The Swansons UK /Amazon site did not have the supplements l wanted - which was the high potency Biotin without fillers.

l have now bought the pure powder from US. Bulk Powders.

I’ve emailed Bulk Powders - will tell you what happens. Have also bought micro scales - rice paper is a really good idea.

Good morning everyone, I have read all of the posts on biotin that I can find & have bought biotin 30ug tablets from Holland & Barrett, however having read all of the posts on the Ms Facebook website. I am unsure whether they will do me more harm than good. I was diagnosed with spms in 2007 & would like to try to relieve some of my symptoms. I live in Birmingham West Midlands & would like some advice on the best place to order pure Biotin from, the dose I should take & if anyone has tried these Holland & Barrett tablets. Thank you in advance for any replies to my post.

Sylvia

I have just ordered Biotin from Skips pharmacy in Florida USA. It costs about £200 for a month’s supply. The dose is 3 x 100mg capsules per day… This is the dose and product used in the trial. You would have to take 30 Holland & Barrett capsules per day to reach the same dosage as used in the trial.

Good luck!

l ordered my pure Biotin powder from Bulk Powders US - l also bought the micro scales from amazon to weigh it on - it is a tiny amount of pure powder. 0.10mg x 3 times a day. You also need to take B1 Thiamine. 500mg.

My Biotin - 100grams - cost me £120 for 333 days worth - not quite a year.

lf you want to take the bottled Biotin - then Country Life Hi-Potency 10.000mcg - with no additives - 120 tabs from Amazon. You will need to take 30 a day to follow the trial.

lts the Biotin with added calcium/magnesium that you need to avoid - as in the amount you need to take the calcium level would be too high.

lf you do order the pure powder from Bulk Powders or Pure Bulk - do make sure you order the pure powder and not the Biotin 1%. - which of course has 99% filler. Someone on the facebook group Biotin for Progressive MS has just made this mistake. lts worth joining the group - lots of interesting people from all over the world. And many have scientific/chemistry backgrounds.

People will always try to make lots of money from the suffering of others - pharmacies especially - so do be careful - read all you can on Biotin and Thiamine.

l have learnt lots from this group - especially about Boron/Borax and its usefulness with Candida Albicans - which is a dangerous condition causing pain/brain fog/ mobility issues/bladder and bowel problems - sounds familiar!! Borax/Boron a natural product which is anti-fungal/anti-biotic/anti-bacteria - and will help with all sorts of conditions including osteo-arthritis. And the cost is minimal. l am using one teaspoon in a litre of water - and l sip a tablespoon 3 times a day. Now l am waiting for miracles to happen. Read cheflynda.com/.../the-inexpensive-arthritis and also mirandasmsblog - Biotin.

l do feel and look brighter and healthier - after 4 weeks of my new regime. Foot drop - not dropped all the time now - and l can get a wriggle out of my toes. Nails/hair/ growing like mad. Skin looking ‘plumped up’.

1 Like

I have just ordered mine as you advised above. I have only been using the capsules up until now and have found benefit too - more energy and legs feel stronger. I will order the B1 too and the boran/borax.

Please can you let me know what scales you got and where from.

Also I read on the facebook page about using rice paper when measuring the powder - then put all in your mouth.

Thanks You are doing a great job. I cant understand why more folk are not interested in this.

Moyna xxx

I am in the process of getting powder from the US as per spacejacket (thanks) and have ordered a lab scale from a UK co called XL Scales to get the dose right. In the meantime I am taking a load of tablets daily which seem to be having a positive effect. I don’t do facebook so rely on this forum for info so really appreciate all your posts…sure I am not alone in thanking you guys…here’s hoping for good things in the future …

So glad that you are ‘doing it’ - and yes it is me that - rice paper tip. The scales l use are from amazon - Smart Weigh - and so easy to use. Put the little piece of rice paper on it - then switch on - and a tiny amount of powder to 0.10g. l think you can get B1 thiamine in powder form as well - without fillers.

Did you see that someone on the facebook group - made the mistake of ordering the Biotin 1% - so that means 99% filler!! lts the pure powder that you need. l bought 100grams - which is 333days worth. $189 or £120 - not bad for nearly a year.

lt seems the Bulk Powders and Pure Bulk US companies are out of stock of many of the weights of Biotin - so either someone is stockpiling it or there is just a run on it. lt will not take them long to replenish. And hopefully, a UK company will be stocking it. ln fact l will contact the BulkPowder UK firm and ask them again - they will have noticed by now the rush on Biotin and Thiamine and will want to get in on the act.

l have several friends also taking the Boron. l bought some - and have made up bottles of it and l am supplying it.

Both cheap remedies that can only do us good.

Did you see my tip on ‘rice paper’. lt is so easy to use - to enable you take the tiny amount Biotin without wasting any. Edible rice paper is found on the baking section of Tescos - or from Amazon. Get the sheets - not the Asian wrapper type as they are much dearer. l think mine from amazon was £2.89 posted.

yes thanks …great idea …

Have received my biotin and scales - just need to get rice paper and get on with it. I have ordered thiamine as well.

Hi there

I have just been reading your posts and am really interested in trying Boitin. You mention the scales you got from amazon is it just a micro scales i need. Do i need callibration weights as well? Not sure what they are. Lets hope you see continued improvement.

Clare