been suffering over year can't find courage to go to gp

Thanx poll your words help :slight_smile: all the best x

Having a bad day today already in so much pain and im getting confused im unemployed have been 4months now since my mum passed away i was her carer im applying for jobs then wonder if im lucky to get one will i be able to do it i seem to be going downhill .waiting to see neuro i know it may take a while .

I hope you don’t have to wait too long Sparky … I heard yesterday that I have up to 18 weeks wait for the neuro. Way to keep a person stressed.

Omg 18 weeks thats long i was told could be up to 6weeks hope it’s sooner for you hun .good luck and if you want to chat im ere l

Feel so poorly today had to ask my daughter to help me get dressed this morning.Been awake most of the night with muscle cramps in both legs and across my abdomen under my ribs was scared as on my own.I know it may not be ms but whatever it is needs to stop im so depressed it’s taking over my life be glad when neuro appointment comes.

Hi jackie thankyou for your comment i missed my mri last year because my mum was taken seriously ill day before im not scared of having one im just waiting to see a neuro for first appointment my gp very concerned with my mobility problems my mri was made by my physio last year because he didn’t think it was arthritis that was the problem my fault for not making another date for mri so now a year has passed im so much worse now .hopefully the neuro will send me for a mri going back to gp Monday see if there is anything i can take for thr muscle spasms and think i have depression sorry if im not explaining things well my brain fuddled lol once again thankyou jackie best wishes

Hi Sparky sorry to hear you are feeling down and that your appointment wont be too much longer coming but seeing your gp is a good way of keeping them in the loop of how you are feeling and don’t be tempted to do the "stiff upper lip " thing tell it how it is and don’t hold back sometimes being blunt is the only way to get through to them.You could try to ask if they could find out for you exactly how long you will have to wait.The practise manager at our surgery did that for my opthalmology appointment not that it helped that I had been referred to the wrong person it did stop me watching out for the postman it is the not knowing that is so tiring.Try to keep positive and good luck sue

Thanks sue i will do that and thankyou for replying you are all so nice and a great help to me x

i hope you got something from the gp to help with spasms.

baclofen is great for spasms.

it’s a strange deja vu for me coming on the newly diagnosed board.

doesn’t seem 5 mins since i was going through the same but it’s 7 years now.

hang on there, try to have some enjoyment somehow.

carole x

Thanx carole x

Well been back to gp today she’s put me on amtriptyine for the muscle spasms hopefully i might get some sleep tonight she’s put hopeful i may get my appointment for neuro soon

Hi that’s is great I hope they worked and you got some sleep and that your appointment comes soon it is hard waiting I’m sure our postman thinks i am stalking him!

1 Like

Got my first appointment through today for neurologist after nearly 3 months of waiting.its 3rd of august so not long to wait now feel relived thought somthing had gone wrong.

1 Like

I have been reading your story too, aches pains, tingling, and vision problems over 2 years now my mri showed lesion s but not explained to me as it was ordered by ent who couldn’t explain it, that was in May. My go referred me to a Neuro which is also on the 3rd August not long now but it’s still seems so far away when your trying to get thru every day with all these things going on. I just wanted to say I will hope your appointment goes well :slight_smile:

Thankyou annalisia the wait is awful isnt it ive not had an mri my symptoms have got a lot worse since may walking is bad and pain is bad i hope your appointment goes well and you get answers good luck to us both on august 3rd.

Thankyou jackie x

Than you Jackie :slight_smile: x