Anyone get

Hi everyone I have a question for you all. I’ve looked a other posts about how long people have had ms for and how long they had been diagnosed for and all of them said that they had suspected that they had for years prior to the diagnosis. My question for you all is did anyone get diagnosed after an out of the blue occurrence? It looks probable now that I have ms (saw a doctor yesterday who suspected that my new arm symptom is a relapse and therefore 2 episodes- awaiting MRI and neuro appointment in 2 weeks by which point a firm diagnosis will be made). What the doctors and even the private nueurogist found strange is that I have no prior symptoms at all - I basically had a bad virus in April and it turned really bad that I needed to go into hospital and that’s when they scanned and an MRI showed 1 lesion on the brain and they classed it as demyelination. The neurologist a few weeks ago had classed it as CIS.

Hello Karina,

I have had ms for over 30 years without knowing it. Yes I had symptoms but not for one minute did I suspect I had ms. It wasn’t until my rheumy referred me to a neuro did the word come up. After a matter of weeks they came in with a dx of SPMS. I was shocked and couldn’t believe it, that is until I looked back over the years at what had been happening to me and realised that yes the syptoms fitted. But all those years ago they didn’t have the knowledge that they have these days So cast your mind back as far as you can and try and remember things that have happened to you, it might surprise you.

Janet

x.

Ive genuinely never had a single symptom until when I got this virus in April and then had loads of symptoms in one hit. The only things I have ever had is general bugs and viruses and bouts of tonsillitis - only other thing has been car accidents - unfortunately I’ve had a few none my fault! The gp has gone back through my past 20 years and me and my dad went through everything - there is literally not one single symptom prior to this all in April!

Ive genuinely never had a single symptom until when I got this virus in April and then had loads of symptoms in one hit. The only things I have ever had is general bugs and viruses and bouts of tonsillitis - only other thing has been car accidents - unfortunately I’ve had a few none my fault! The gp has gone back through my past 20 years and me and my dad went through everything - there is literally not one single symptom prior to this all in April!