Am I making a HUGE mistake?

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I hope you can help me? I’m about to move home and am terrified that I won’t find anyone as good as the excellent neurologist and wonderful MS nurse I currently see here in Devon.

The house we’re thinking of offering on is in Bedfordshire so I think I would see a neurologist at Bedford Hospital, but the cqc website says it ‘requires improvement’ which doesn’t exactly instill confidence. Worse still, the local GP surgeries that come up on Google maps also get rotten reviews!

Does anyone have experience of Bedford hospital neurology department and the local MS nurses? Are my fears justified or not?

What do you think generally? Should I run (ha ha!) a mile?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

(FYI, I’m RRMS and on Tecfidera.)

Hi GrannyMac,
I’m not in Bedfordshire so I can’t comment on the services there, but on general I would be very wary of reading too much into the reviews. My local GP Practice has had some terrible reviews too, and yet they have been really good in supporting my family and friends over the years. I think that it’s often people with a complaint who make their disappointment known, while the rest of us are very thankful for our surgery’s hard work, without giving them the credit they deserve.
I hope someone can give you some more relevant help. Best wishes, Carole.

1 Like

It might be worth contacting the Bedford Group and see if they can help.
Bedford Group | Multiple Sclerosis Society UK (mssociety.org.uk)

That’s a great idea, whammel. Thanks.

Many thanks for the reassuring reply Carole x