Albrecht Dürer

Ah valley boy…you used to be krakowian…explains it all now!
Boudsxx

Oh Sue, I was very much into the brain fog post. Have you forgotten about Blackers? Boudica was going to storm the place with AD, you and many others…maybe I O W was more appealing…sunshine rates, a better class of seaside rock etc.
We’ve almost resurrected AD with this post.
Boudsx

Now then. I’ve tracked down the Blackpool/Boudicapool story. (Found a new way to search within a thread - who’d have thought it? Next step, TDCs ‘Can diary’!)

So, it was April 2017. AD went missing for a few weeks. There was a big hue and cry. The ‘Fog was in its heyday. Frequently present at the time, Spacejacket frequently shouting ‘where the fcuk is Alice, but when didn’t she?(where’s she gone?), Flutterby Butterfly (likewise), @TraceyDC (flaky - comes & goes at will), Boudica (now known as PBMS), Hebe (despite nipping off to the Canaries to frolic with noodie German men and ‘Big Pills’), Slug, Poppy6486 (where’s Pops?), our Queen Witch, Carole (I believe she had immense trouble with the new forum), Cheerful Dragon (also AWOL), Carraboy and Scudger (both intermittently regulars in the Fog) and Sue84. So a very, very busy Thread.

The invasion of the IOD looked to be in danger due to his worshipful Durer being absent. So Boudica (PBMS) proposed invading Blackpool. We all go excited, thought it was a fabulous plan. Boudica was going to hijack a train from Halifax, we we looking at Kiss me quick hats and socks, donkeys pulling wheelchairs (Spacejacket wanted to bring her own donkeys!), banana boats, trams, nudism (some thought that was going a bit far, especially when in a wheelchair!), ADs mankini got another mention (heaven forbid!).

I did make a suggestion at one point that as Blackpool was rather more convenient for those Northerners than the IoW, perhaps we should be investigating ADs ‘disappearance’ more thoroughly!

Oh and there was mention of candy floss, knitted swimsuits (not just limited to the Island), the zoo, wheelchair bumper cars, (making the Pleasure Beach fully accessible of course), Fezbomb and his unicorn (filthy little beast, bless his dear departed little toothy soul), the Tower Ballroom for wheelchair and rollator dancing. The delights that were ahead of us in the newly re-named Boudicapool. Not to mention a little fairy garden (for very small fairies) and Fezbomb on a leash to stop him chasing the fairies and Flutterbys.

Then Boudica had a tough weekend and not only called a halt to the invasion of Boudicapool, but suggested closing the Brain Fog altogether!! The outcry!! She decided to become a pirate instead (aka went on a cruise).

SUDDENLY AD RETURNED. He claimed a fire at Durer Towers had kept him busy, plus a flood, an earthquake , bird flu and an odd disease of salmon (maybe an early portent of a Coronavirus.) He was trying to work through the 200+ posts he’d missed, Spacejacket suggested that we keep quiet about ‘Boudicapool’ since Poll was out of the country hunting pirates. AD was oblivious at first and was gung ho about the invasion of the Island formerly known as ‘Wight’ (IOD). I spilt the beans before he found out and punished us all. Actually he rather fancied the idea of Boudicapool, thought we could have rock with **** and ****** running through it. Apparently they ‘can’t touch us for it’. He loved it. But sadly like all beautiful dreams, it never happened except in our heads.

Sue

(Can’t quite believe I’d forgotten Boudicapool - blame the Brain Fog!!)

Oh Sue…thankyou sooo much for taking the time to dig up all that stuff. What else is there to do on a quiet November Saturday afternoon I wonder?

Reading all the history made me smile…and yeh, how did I dare have the affrontery to suggest closing the thread down…Blackers, pirates and all are no excuse whatsoever! Or maybe it was the sudden disappearance of AD that made me make such a bold suggestion…who knows?

Boudsxx

So miss Anthony and this thread which had the ability to make me laugh even when feeling down!

Whatever happened to the cheese and gin addicts? Wonder if it was the alcohol that triggered the madness or cheese orientated dreams! Or perhaps it was just the daring to see how far the moderators could be pushed.

Whatever it was fun!

Sue xx

Oh wasn’t it fun? 2017 seems to have been the most mental time. I miss him so much. I miss the Fog, but he was my friend. We only knew each other because of the thread but we were about as close as people can get who’ve never met in person. The first time we actually spoke was when he was in hospital, only a few weeks before the end. He said (on email) after, that it make him feel ‘all teenager-ish’. Such a typical comment. He was truly one of a kind.

It’s something that those of us who were there share, just how special the Brain Fog and Anthony were.

Sue

3 Likes