i don’t know if I am worrying over nothing but recently my work sent me to an OH meeting to see what further adjustments they could do for me in work as my sickiness levels weren’t at a level that they are satisfied with. At the time I was referred I was currently on Copaxone and told at the end of Feb by my Ms specialist they weren’t happy with that treatment that I was still relapsing and suggested changing this to Tecfidera.
I went to my OH meeting last Tuesday and the doctor I seen was really understanding and stated he would explain to my employers that it can take time for me to find a treatment that is right for me. He stated he would document the last treatment wasnt strong enough and outline the benefits of this new treatment and how side effects may increase my sickness levels whilst my body is adjusting to the it. I left feeling really positive but since last week I have found out Im pregnant so now can’t now start Tecfidera as planned. Me and my partner are over the moon as prior to being diagnosed with MS we have for 4 years to have a baby. So this was a huge surprise to us.
Now I am worried that my employers will think I am being a nightmare firstly having MS and now being pregnant. I am worried now as I am not starting treatment due to being pregnant that they may suggest me giving up work at a time where we will need every penny we can get. My MS nurse said we will put a hold on treatment until after I have the baby. Can my work say due to this change its better for me to give up work and let me go?
Any advice would be appreciated.