Advice on labour

Its possible to have bleeding each momth… but its not a period… as that would mean egg releasing etc… which obviously wont happen if yo are pregnant. If she is boeeding quite a bit I would strongly urge her to go and see the antenatal team though as its not always ok to bleed whilst you are pregnancy. A friend of mine bled quite a lot whilst pregnant, and she was consequently monitored very closely and eventually delivered early due to the risk of compllications. Another friend had what seemed like a period every moth and delivered normally, and at term. So it can vary, therefore always bst to seek medical advice on it!

Hi Nicole Congratulations on your boy news! I have four sons and they are all a joy to behold. They are my reason for breathing everyday! Teresa xx

[quote=“mavisdavis”]

Hello,

I needed another advice.

My cousin got pregnant and she’s on seventh month now. We just had a problem because every month she has a menstruation. I told her to to have a check up but she just ignore and says that it is okay and there are also other pregnant that is the same with her.

Does it really possible that pregnant women has a monthly period?

[/quote] Hi Mavis I agree with mrsp, your cousin needs to be seen by a doctor or midwife. It is not normal to bleed every month when you are pregnant. It may be nothing to worry about but the sooner she is checked the better, for her and her baby’s sake! Teresa xx

Hi Nicole,

Congratualtions on the pregnancy! I have a boy and a girl!

Just wanted to say that your ms does not have to influence your decision on how you want the birth to be. I was not diagnosed with ms when i had my children but i know now that i definately had it then - albeit undiagnosed!

It just depends how the ms affects you. If you get too tired and exhausted then they can do the c-section then. I had gas and air for both of mine and they were very quick.

With my first i was in hospital 1 night. With my second i came home the same day!

I hate hospitals! lol!

Teresa.x

[/quote] Hi Mavis I agree with mrsp, your cousin needs to be seen by a doctor or midwife. It is not normal to bleed every month when you are pregnant. It may be nothing to worry about but the sooner she is checked the better, for her and her baby’s sake! Teresa xx[/quote]

Thank you so much for the advice. I will inform my cousin about this one and should have a check up immediately.

I had my son 10wks ago and had him by elective c-section. This was advised by my obstetrician as I experience fatigue as a main symptom and he was worried about.the consequences of a prolonged labour and potential emergency section. As I approached the end of my pregnancy I was very fatigued and it was then i made the decision to have the section. The whole thing was fine. The section went very well, baby was happy and I recovered well too, I don’t believe i was slower in recovery due to th ms. It’s a very personal choice and i would advise talking to your ms nurse, your obstetritian and then waiting to see how you feel nearer to the time. If you’re exhausted in the run up to 40wks then perhaps think about it but if you’re feeling strong and want normal labour go for it. Thing is,its completely your choice and the best thing for you and baby is you both happy and healthy. Also as breastfeeding goes, people may say its more difficult after section and i think it might be harder to get it all started since youve not had normal labour kicking off all the lactation hormones but my milk came in by day 3 and I made a lot,unfortunately I couldn’t get Ben to latch but I don’t think that had anything to do with the c section. Good luck with it all. Alix

I am 29 and was diagnosed last April. Does anyone have any advice on pregnancy when you have ms? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.