Advice for couple wanting to be parents!!

Hi there! My husband has had PPMS for 10 years now and is bedridden. He needs care with pretty much everything and I do it by myself, no carers. I’ve recently turned 33 and after years of being undecided, I’ve finally come to a point in my life where I want us to have a child. I would like any info or advice people can give about what care we can get to help with my husband. Mainly towards the end of the pregnancy, we have hoists etc so moving him about isn’t too difficult, but I know I would need to take it easy towards the end. Woukd social services provide a care package to help? Thanks for any help you can be!

I can’t offer you any advice except to say ask your husbands MS Nurse if she can advise you or ring your local council and ask to speak to their benefits officer, I’ve recently been told my council has one so I imagine all councils do. There is also the MS helpline 0808 800 8000 which is probably your best option as they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck you sound like a sensible caring person and I hope things go well for you.

Jan x