accupuncture

Hi everyoneq

wondering if anyone has had accupuncture therapy?my back is so bad and after going to the hospital yesterday and was told have to have a mri scan of my lower back.

But was told accupuncture is also good

Hello

I’ve tried it never worked for me , but has in others. Anything is worth a try.

Hope it works for you :slight_smile:

It worked pretty well on my bad back. Try your local MS Therapy Centre.

yes tessbaby thats,what i thought anything is worth a go.

i telephoned the ms society today whammel and they said they dont support anything on accupunture but to look on google for somewhere near to me who does accupunture.

thanks

karen

Hi Kazza,

I tried it through the pain management team at my local medical centre.

They run an eight week course, and if you get good results they can work out another program for you.

Think the hardest thing is to find the right place the broken links in Ms can make it more tricky they said.

So give your doctor a call see if they run something like this close to to you x

Hi Kazza,

I tried it through the pain management team at my local medical centre.

They run an eight week course, and if you get good results they can work out another program for you.

Think the hardest thing is to find the right place the broken links in Ms can make it more tricky they said.

So give your doctor a call see if they run something like this close to to you x

Hi Kazza, I used it for general MS symptoms for a while… was going weekly… but after a few months I wasn’t really getting anything out of it so stopped. But I have heard it’s very good on bad backs.

I think for me the main benefit was the feeling that I was doing something for my symptoms… when there really is nothing for ppms… but it was £40 a pop (and that was discounted rate cos I’m on benefits) and seemed a lot of money.

Give it a go… and good luck!

Pat x

hi pat

yes i am going to try it just for my back mainly.

going tomorrow and its going to cost 45 pound a go but its worth a try.

karen xx