Access to work

Hi all

i unfortunately had breast cancer in 2018 and returned to work at the beginning of 2019 after a year off sick.

I then went off sick again due to a sudden decline in my MS which has left me with difficulty walking with one stick. I basically now need a wheelchair and have referred myself to access to work to assist me with this. The recommendations suggested by the wheelchair services are not suitable and am waiting for assessment by a private company for suggestions. Does anyone have any experience with dealing with access to work as they aren’t being particularly helpful at present and I just want to go back to work!!!

Thanks

Hello. I had the full access to work process in 2012 and no stone was left unturned. I did have to give up, however. I’m afraid it’s the best we can get. They offered their solutions but couldn’t work miracles. Best wishes.

For alot of companies its a box ticking exercise - that they are disability aware, I feel that my opportunities are limited at work due to my MS.

Hi loola, I had a similar situation a few years ago. I returned back to work after a relapse using my old wheelchair and needed a wheelchair I could lift in and out of the car, also I needed a way of going out to some visits at work. The process with Access to work was very long and lengthy, but it was worth it in the end. My advice to you would be do not give up and chase up at every stage, you will get there in the end. Best wishes JanJan