A very long week

Hi Everyone and sorry if this message is duplicated, I think I pressed the wrong button the first time ;o)

Yes, the longest week of my life and its only Wednesday ;o(

Im new on here after getting the news on Tuesday 16th that I have ms. Today is the worst day, I had to let my son and daughter know. Im now dreading talking to my mother tomorrow. Im in my late 50s which, from what Ive been told is late in life to get ms. I have been ‘numb’ down my left side for quite a while, but, thankfully with no pain or other problems and in a strage way I was getting used to it been the norm. I have been given prednisolone mylan tablets, on full dose for 3 days then lower dose after. The side effects have been terrible. The room is spinning, now back pains and numb left hand and a terrible headache… I even managed to loose my footing yesterday afternoon and the log fire broke my fall. Now I have a burnt hand and bruised ribs. Oh dear, whats next…

Sorry about this, I am feeling very sorry for myself. Im normally a happy go lucky person, I just dont know how to start getting my head around all this when everything seems to be totally out of my control.

Thank you for reading my message and I would like to wish everyone a very happy Christmas and a safe 2014 xxx

Sorry to hear you are having a horrid time. I got diagnosed on the 3rd Dec and waiting to meet consultant re treatment. I also suffer with the loss of feeling and you’re right…after a while you get used to it. I don’t know if I have read that a later diagnosis is actually a good thing? I’m 32. For me it’s still sinking in and it’s the last thing I think about at night and first thing in the morning. I have no children but everyone I have told have been so supportive. Most didn’t know what MS is, a bit like me! Use these boards to ask questions/vent etc. Wishing you luck. Lorna xx

Hi

Thank you for your reply Lorna, hope you are having a good day ;o)

A new day and new changes. Wonder why. Is it because I have been taking the steroids for 3 days now?

My left arm is feeling tight (thats how my leg started) and my finger tips are totally numb. My back is aching so much, then every time I stand up my head spins. At least I havnt fallen over today ;o)

Oh dear, I think I felt better before seening the doctor ;o(

Good news though, I have been given the appointment for the neuro doc this morning for the 3rd Jan.

Can any one tell me what it is he will do please, just so I have an idea.

Take care everyone

Christine xx

Hi chris, Have you actually seen a neuro doctor yet as only they can Dx ms after scans etc. MOYNA xxx