2 for 1

Hi All.

Just remembered, while in hospital last week as well as stomach spasms,i had a new symptoms well new for me, my jaw went into a spasm.Spoke to my Nurologist and he said it was not unheard of anyone else had this.Hate to be alone in this.

Qustion do Native people get MS by that i me,Escimos,Aborigines,Red Indians.

Or did we end up giving them,by that i mean inter marriages.

Anbody know the answer to this.

Take Care.

Chris.

Ps know there is big word for this but cant spell it[spellchecker would be good]

Anywhere you find MS look carefully into the background of the country and I’ll bet you find some red-headed Scots or Irish.

Liz

Chris,

From what l have ‘read’ - lt seems that countries where people are exposed to lots of sunshine rarely get MS. Hot climates where people cover themselves up in robes/burkhas then there is a high rate of MS. Eskimos - who are always covered up - but do eat a diet of mainly fish and whale/seal blubber seem not to get MS. BUT - Eskimos/lnuits who are now following a more westernised diet have started to get MS. The darker the pigment of a persons skin - the more sunshine they need. So dark skinned people who have moved to northern climes are more at risk.

The sun is shining right now Chris - so off with the woollies - go out and get some exposure.

l DARE YOU!

Francesx

[quote=Campion]

Chris,

From what l have ‘read’ - lt seems that countries where people are exposed to lots of sunshine rarely get MS. Hot climates where people cover themselves up in robes/burkhas then there is a high rate of MS. Eskimos - who are always covered up - but do eat a diet of mainly fish and whale/seal blubber seem not to get MS. BUT - Eskimos/lnuits who are now following a more westernised diet have started to get MS. The darker the pigment of a persons skin - the more sunshine they need. So dark skinned people who have moved to northern climes are more at risk.

The sun is shining right now Chris - so off with the woollies - go out and get some exposure.

l DARE YOU!

Francesx

HI Frances.

The sun is shining in Scotland to,but still a cold wind.

So took up your dare,and spent an hour in the green house,lovely and hot, great.

Cant wait for summer.

Thank you for explaning it to me.

Last one before i go.

What is verifcation code,it comes up now and again,how do i stop it.

Take Care.

Chris.

Hi Chris

Re the Jaw problem, yes I get this it can be damned painful. I have recently increased my Baclofen and it seems to have helped with that and my other spasms.

Chris

[quote=ChrisB53]

Hi Chris

Re the Jaw problem, yes I get this it can be damned painful. I have recently increased my Baclofen and it seems to have helped with that and my other spasms.

Chris

Hi Chris.

Thank god someone else that gets it,i would hate to be the the only person.

Not that i am glad you have had it too.[well you know what i mean]

Yes will get my Dr to check that i am at the right level of baclofen,you dont ask you dont get.

We can be a gang of two.

Take Care.

Chris.

I woke up having a jaw spasm a few weeks ago. Wasn’t pleasant and I hope it doesn’t happen again.

Regarding hot countries and MS… it must be something to do with where your ancestors come from as people of northern European descent still get MS when they live in hot countries… ie Australia.

Also, confusingly, a Greek woman was recently telling me that she has a cousin with MS and apparently it’s quite common amongst Greeks… so, well to be honest I don’t get it.

Pat x

Hi Pat.

That makes three of us, you, Chris,and me.

You can join our gang if you like.

Take Care.

Chris.

Pat,

The incidence in Greece is still a lot lower than the UK. Southern Europeans aren’t immune, but have a lot lower risk.

Tina

x

It is a device that a lot of fora (if I have the plural right) use to stop automatic spam-bots from posting unwanted messages. The assumption is that only a human being can read the crazy characters.

The best way for regular posters here - and I think that includes you, Chris - to stop the VC popup is to mail Greg Chivers, and ask.

Geoff

Hi Geoff.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Will e-mail Greg on Monday.

Your right they are crazy charecters,i find it hard to make them out,im sure a lot of people do.

Take Care.

Chris.

My legs are like that too, Bev. Very stiff in the mornings and take a long while to loosen up but also stiffen up a lot if I have been sitting a while, which I have to owing to the weakness and aching in my legs. Teresa xx

So, what I meant to finish saying was that I think it is the MS as I don’t have arthritis. Teresa xx

This has posted on the wrong post! What on earth is going on? Teresa xx