zanaflex side effects

Hi,

I have just started taking zanaflex at 2 x 2mg tablets 3 times a day as was on 90mg of baclofen. My leg spascitity seems better but dry mouth and feel dizzy.

Anybody else had this and how long did it last?

Thanks

amy

This is also known as Tizanidine and someone posted about starting this a short while ago. You need to start on a really low dose, so you might want to try cutting out the dose in the middle of the day for a few days until you get used to it. I often miss my lunchtime dose and as long as I keep moving during the day my leg muscles don’t cramp too badly. If I take too much I get really sleepy. It is first thing in the morning and last thing at night that I really need it.

thanks - what dose did you start on and what are you on now?

I vary it depending on how bad my spasms are. On a good day just 2 mg morning and evening can be enough. During a really bad patch 8 mg 3 times a day is required. I have used this for years and my Dr is happy for me to judge what I need to take. I do yoga and swim regularly, both of which help with controlling my leg spasms which are my worst. Everyone is different though, so start small and build it up slowly to find the right dose. One good thing about this drug is that it doesn’t stay in your system for very long, so if you do suffer the sleepiness or start to feel too floppy it will pass in a few hours. Just remember that this works on all your muscles so don’t be tempted to take too much too soon or you might turn into a rag doll! Hope this drug works as well for you as it has for me