Your experience with INO

Hello, this is my first post on here although I do regularly read the forum threads.

I am looking to hear of experiences of Internuclear Ophthalmoplegia (INO) and MS.

Just over three weeks ago, I started to get very blurred vision, particularly when I turned my head. Over 3-5 days it gradually got worse until I had completely double vision, my eyes weren’t moving together, everything was spinning and to put simply, I felt drunk! I went to eye casualty and the Ophthalmologist and Neurologist saw me and confirmed INO. They were hopeful for resolution.

I am three weeks on now and the double vision has subsided but I am still experiencing daily headaches, extreme fatigue, general “hungover feeling”, severe dizziness, inability to focus for long periods, feelings of zoning out/spinning, some mild memory difficulties and losing my train of thought (could be due to fatigue). I am interested to hear about others experiences because I am starting to wonder if this is my “new normal?”
I am struggling to see how I will adjust and return to my job if this is the case. I am a team lead in healthcare and it is high stress (I have been looking for a change anyway). I also haven’t been able to drive.

FYI I am 32, I was on Fingolimod for years and had no trouble, changed to Copaxone for family planning, within 12 months mri showed significant new lesions. Whilst waiting to change to Tysabri infusions, only a short six weeks, I have had this INO relapse.

Any advice or experiences or thoughts most welcome please.

Crumbs, that sounds scary. I hope that your vision problems resolve soon. Assuming that it’s your MS that’s at work here, it does sound as though the sooner you’re on Tysabri, the better. I’ve been on it 10+ years now and no relapses, which was a big change from what was happening before and a great relief, as you can imagine. I hope that you find the same.