What one thing about MS would you want everyone to know?

Wow-what a question!

I want folk to know that I am still me-full of mischief and love laughing. I can answer for myself-whether that be spoken, written or sign. If you want to know something then ask, assume nothing.

Thats the main one-other points have been covered in other replies.

Ellie x

Wow on thing that’s tough as I have so many, but the main one is…

I HATE IT

;-( Mary

Hi, I found it really interesting to read the variety of problems MS throws at us.

One thing I say to peole is this;I may be broken, but Im still here`.

You could use that if you like.

Another main mis-conception normal folk have, is that everyone with MS ends up in a wheelie…that`s sooooooooooo not the case!

Good luck with the talk.

luv Pollx

‘we’re not in kansas anymore’

Balance is a problem for someone who used to be ‘fairly athletic’ - used to participate in rugby, hockey and martial arts (Tae-kwon do) - almost black belt. Writing is also a problem and memory. Could do with a bit more sleep - keep waking at nights. ‘Thirst’ - I seem to be constantly thirsty. University has done me no good - all those years spent studying subjects like psychology, politics, sociology and moral philosophy - I now don’t work or do anything! I’m married to a catholic but I’ve had sex with over 50 females. I’ve ‘lost’ my license and my father and uncle had 4 garages and laterally, I was one of the Directors.

HI , I also had to give a talk on MS as part of a college course the ms society sent me loads of info and adivce I told them i needed the info for a college presentation and they helped me through the whole process ,They asked me how many people the presentation was for and then sent me everthing i could possibly need , It helped raise awareness of MS and the college are now planning a fund raiser Good Luck Mully

That having ms is a very lonely place to be trapped in your body, as you try to look graceful like a swan but your paddling furiously underneath just to keep yourself afloat!

Marcus - have you checked that your constant thirst isn’t due to another condition - diabetes for example.

Also - your point that ‘University has done you no good’ - of course it has whether or not you are directly using that knowledge now, you wouldn’t have the knowledge you had now had you not been to University, please don’t dissuade anyone from seeking knowledge just because they have this bastard diagnosis.

Your point that you’ had sex with over 50 females really made me giggle - 50 female WHAT - sheep, monkeys, dogs? You’ve made this point in previous posts, this and the issue that your wife is a Catholic - doesn’t she mind? What bearing does her Catholicism have on this?

Sorry, went a bit off on a tangent there - get yourself checked for diabetes though

Hello,

The worst thing for me is that slowly, ever so slowly I am going to be totally overwhelmed by this disease, gradually takes over my life Over a period of over 30 years I have had to stop being spontaneous, stop driving, stop walking the dogs, nipping across the road even spontaneously deciding to pop off and see someone or do something.

The changes are suble, a gradual slip down the slippery slope and no way back up again

MS is a nasty scumbag of a theif, it gradually steals little bits of you, but it won’t kill you, it will just stop you “living”. I miss the me that I used to be.

L x

MS is a nasty scumbag of a theif, it gradually steals little bits of you, but it won’t kill you, it will just stop you “living”. I miss the me that I used to be.

L x

For me the worst thing about MS is that we are meant to feel disconnected from ‘normal’ people - society sees to that. I am treated quite differently to the way I treat others. The symptoms of fatigue are also a problem, as others don’t really know how crushing and all encompassing MS fatigue really is. One of the least understanding of this has to be my sister - and she is a nurse!

Take care all,

Moira

For me the worst thing is that MS makes us very lonely because the great human race don’t treat us the same anymore. Fatigue is also a big problem for me as normal people do not understand how all encompassing MS fatigue really is. My sister is the worst for this, and she is a nurse!

Best Wishes,

Moira

Hi BF

Yes, I would say that the injustice of the invisible, hidden symptoms is the worst as no-one can ‘see’ anything wrong. Like when you get on the tube and you desperately need to sit down but no-one will give you a seat as you don’t look like an invalid and you’re not old. How do you even begin to explain?

Dianne