What Are Your Symptoms?

Pins and needles in hands and legs December 2003 lasting only a few days, weird feeling in my knee may 2004. ON July 2004 on my birthday and pins and needles throughout my body, balance problems. Diagnosed over the phone the day after. Resolved within two weeks. However had pseudo relapse August…ON and pins and needles due to food poisoning. Resolved by two weeks. Occasional sensations, fatigue and achy legs from then but nothing major at all. December 2008 numb left arm in pregnancy. This continued until after I had my beautiful boy and resolved about six months after. Nov 2010 relapse… Weak left leg and fatigue. Recovered from this with steroids. Operation to remove a tumour from my gland July 2012 … Relapse sept weak left leg and weak left arm and fatigue. Steroids again. Relapse nov 2012 same symptoms. Leg has never been 100% since and now on rebif. Oh and sensations in hands since December 2011 which remain and have never gone but used to them. I’d rather the sensory than physical symptoms anyday. I’m now a young mummy with a limp and a stick although I have refrained from using that for now. Xxxx Not sure you wanted a history but its good to compare x

1st symptom was numb left upper leg which spread to my whole left side of body Nov 2010, lasted 6 weeks. had brain mri and it was suggested that it could be ms. No other symptoms until December 2011, got the “hug”. Lasted 5 months. Never quite gone away although mild now. Referred back to neuro, had vep tests which were ok. Got bad arm spasms in Feb 2012, had another mri brain and spine. Diagnosed on my birthday in April 2012. Arms spasms lasted until August 2012. Ongoing pins and needles in various body parts , burning sensations and occasional bladder and bowel urgency. Currently having the terrible right arm and shoulder spasms again which are now 8 weeks old and also getting tightness in lower right leg which is making my walking a bit wobbly. Bit fed up at the moment. Also can’t function too well in this heat like lots of others on here.

Started in 2009 with numb feet - rapidly spreading up till numb all the way up to my ribcage, this has never gone away although my walking (with crutches) has improved - there was a time in 2010 after 3 relapses in about 4 months that I could only take a couple of steps with my feet dragging on the floor and had to crawl up the stairs but now I can manage to stay on my feet for about 20 mins at a time before legs become too tired and heavy to move and with a stair handrail fitted I can now manage to get up and down safely again. I have been left with drop foot and balance problems (left leg worse than right) along with bowel and bladder playing up. My hands are also a bit numb causing lots of swearing when trying to do up buttons or tie shoe laces! thank heavens for elasticated waists and velcro.

Cold makes my legs very stiff but in the heat everything is worse, I don’t seem to sweat anymore so overheat very easily, my legs feel like they are made of lead and my fingers are like fat sausages…roll on autumn

Mine is a little more complicated mine came completely out of the blue. I didn’t have any symptoms prior to having a full blown attack last year. I went on holiday at the end of march 2012 - picked up a virus out there - came back beginning of April - had some dizziness which felt awful and then 3 days later I couldn’t move my left leg or arm properly - gp sent me straight over to a&e and that’s where my journey began. So prior to that I had no symptoms and the only symptoms I suffer with now are during a relapse which tends to be dizziness and my brain not connecting my left leg to my brain properly at times and also nerve pain- but all of these seem present only when having an attack/relapse. Mines a bit of a confusing case those as my brain is back to front!

Wow, you’re the only other person I’ve come across who had the slurred speech as the first symptom. It did kind of bug me on the MS Register questionnaire that the first symptoms questions were limited choices and slurred speech wasn’t there. I suppose they went with the most common ones but they could have had an open one with ‘Other - please specify’.

I’ve also not had trouble with my eyes. I have very poor vision anyway (lazy left eye and very short sighted) so I think the MS has decided it’s not worth attacking my eyes as they have enough to contend with, ha ha.

Tracey x

Thanks Lisalou, Fudgey37, Floopy, Karina 1980 and Tracey

It’s amazing how sinilar our synptons are. Don’t agree with the those who say no two people suffering with MS are the same. There seems to be lots of similarities.

Thanks again for repkying.

Shazzie xx