Well done Steph on an Olympic Gold Medal. Just shows how MS affects us differently.
Paul
Well done Steph on an Olympic Gold Medal. Just shows how MS affects us differently.
Paul
This was in the Barts Blog today and makes her win even more remarkable.
"Stephanie visited us after her massive medals haul at London 2012. Last night she was competing in the S8 100m backstroke.
She had been competing previously as an S9 (more able).
Whilst the media are saying this should make it easier to win, it masks the fact that it seems that Steph’s MS is sadly getting worse. In London 2012 she was not using a Wheelchair at the start of the Race.
To maintain her times is going to take much more effort".
Inspirational. I don’t think the presenters really tell the story of what happens after the race and the toll it will take on her body. I hardly could watch it, I was crying so much. Good for her.
Hi
Kadeena Cox from Leeds did well in cycling & sprinting did well as well.
Paul