Waiting for 1st neuro appointment

My GP referred me to a neurologist last week. We were both completely convinced I was experiencing nerve issues in my hands/feet because of low B12 or diabetes but the blood test came back fine, so back in limbo again.
I have a 7 year history of chronic pain, mobility and fatigue issues, plus various other weird symptoms.
I don’t know if it’ll turn out to be MS, but I’m finding the uncertainty of not knowing quite difficult. It just seemed so obvious that it was B12, so I think it’s spun me a bit that it’s not that. I’ve brought up MS during my chronic pain journey a couple of times (because my Nan had it really bad) but always been immediately shut down. So I guess I don’t really believe it’ll turn out to be MS, but it’s confusing.
I’m seeing the consultant in 7 weeks so I guess I just need to put it out of my mind as best I can during that time. I’ve started a symptom tracker so I can be more accurate about frequency. Am wondering if there’s anything I should be doing to help myself? The fatigue is brutal at the moment, and the stuff going on with my head and eyes can be a bit scary sometimes. Guess I’m just looking for advice, or maybe just to know others have been where I’m at right now. Thanks for reading xx

1 Like

Hi,I don’t know if I am going to be any help .
I too am at the same position as you.
I was refer to a neurologist for similar issues,I have vit deficiencies(vit B12 ,folic and vit d) all well managed.
After 10 weeks of waiting for the neurologist I decided to go private,I am waiting for a brain and full spine MRI,what prompted the neurologist was I also have trigeminal neuralgia.
The waiting is the hardest bit for me,it’s the not knowing what is the cause of the symptoms.
Hopefully myself and you get some answers soon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
As I say sorry I don’t think I’m much help x

1 Like

The waiting’s really hard, I agree! I hope you get some answers from your scans and can move forward with treatments!