Vitamin D Levels - Low 39.7 ???

Hi,

had a visit with MS nurse this morning’ anyway she asked if i had my vit d3 levels checked, i said yes,but i think they were ok…as i hadn’t heard anything. She said actually no, they are not ok, they were 34…i know nothing about these levels. So, she is going contact by GP and get Vitd3 administered. Does, anyone know, would this be in tablet form or injection the same as the vitb12 i am currently on

many thanks

claire

I also have a vit-d related question. I’ve only recently been diagnosed, and read that a supplement might be beneficial (neuro said he wasn’t convinced by the evidence, but that it’s not a bad idea to take a vit-d supplement as “it couldn’t hurt”) I’m waiting for my first appointment with the MS team at the moment. I bought some tablets from holland & barrett, had no idea what I was looking for really and ended up with ‘Vitamin D3 1,000iu’ - they’re absolutely tiny. My question is, if I want to up my dose is it as simple as taking two tablets instead of just one (ie taking the dose up to 2,000) or is it a more complicated matter and I should get different tablets with a specific dose? Sorry if it’s a stupid question!