Very upset and struggling

oh Sophie i just read your post and felt for you, that awful feeling and shock in the beginning is horrible, but things will get easier as time goes on, and hopefully by now you have been in touch with people that cn help? i can only echo what the others here have said, some excellent rational advice which is what is needed when you feel so scared and panicky.

keep in touch on here with how you are getting on with it all, sending you a big hug from one Sophie to another, take care

Sophie xx

Hi Sophie, I can completely understand what you are going through. I had my Lumbar Puncture about a month ago and just had my confirmation of MS diagnosis. Like you, I have an extreme fear of needles and was really scared and anxious about the LP, but honestly, my anxiety was the worst part of it.

Yes, the procedure was a little daunting but the doctor doing the procedure was very calming and knew exactly what he was doing and after the anaesthetic has done it’s job, it literally just feels like someones hand is on your back.

I went away from it feeling a bit silly for how much I had panicked but relieved I had done it and a huge relief that I now, finally have my diagnosis. I did get a little back pain for a few days after but nothing some painkillers couldn’t sort out.

I hope I have added a little to other peoples answer and I hope your anxiety is lessened.