Update on, erm, updates

Hi everyone It’s been a while since I last updated on progress with the next update to this forum so… The good news is that all login problems are now fixed, as far as we know. If you do know of anyone who’s still having trouble getting in please ask them to get in touch with us - we can’t help if we don’t know there’s a problem! This has been our top priority so we can now focus all efforts on getting all the features up and running and also acting on some of your requests for changes and tweaks. For those of you who weren’t involved in the last round of testing, I think it’s probably better to be honest and confess that it didn’t go too well… In our eagerness to move things forward we released it for testing to early and, quite frankly, wasted some people’s time and effort. My apologies to those people - I hope you’ll accept our invitation to test again in the next few days. So when’s it all going to happen? We’re expecting to get access to the next version early next week (commencing 26 September). We’ll go through it and test it out here before feeding back with suggested tweaks. After it’s been put through its paces by a test group of regular users we’ll feedback and bug fix again. At the moment we’re hoping to roll it out towards the end of next week but we will keep you posted on progress as we go. Once all the features are in place and everyone’s happy with the usability side of things we can start working with you to get smaller, more cosmetic changes made. As with all web development it’s an ongoing process so I hope we can all work together over the coming months to get this place up to its full potential. Finally, thanks again for sticking with it. I’ve been incredibly encouraged by the way the boards have continued to offer the kind of support you’re all so good at despite the technical and usability issues. Bob

Thank you for the update Bob… looking forward to the next version. All the hard work is truly appreciated. Lynn

Thanks for the update V

Hi Bob Sorry to rain on your parade–but I have just had to send for a newe password to get in here–even though my old password had let jme in before and was saved?? Then when I finally got in it took me ten minutes to find the forum—plenty of “donate now and join us and have your say” but very few links to go straight to this forum. As I said in my first post on here ( it has conveniently disappeared) this board is nothing but a promotion tool for the MSS, and very little thought for PWMS. Ken

Kenm wrote:

Hi Bob Sorry to rain on your parade–but I have just had to send for a newe password to get in here–even though my old password had let jme in before and was saved?? Then when I finally got in it took me ten minutes to find the forum—plenty of “donate now and join us and have your say” but very few links to go straight to this forum. As I said in my first post on here ( it has conveniently disappeared) this board is nothing but a promotion tool for the MSS, and very little thought for PWMS. Ken

Hi Ken You can access the forum via MS Society UK | Forum. There is a link from the homepage under “I want to…” and also a link from the footer of every page on the site (apart from the homepage) under “Get support”. Also the forum is the first menu item under “MS Support”. Re promotion of the MS Society, this is a service provided free of charge by the MS Society, paid for by the kind donations of MS Society fundraisers, members and supporters. We have to raise money in order to continue offering services like this and our website is one of our principal (and most economical) ways of doing this. Bob

Thanks for the update Bob. Looking forward to the next round of testing (if I am still invited!) and seeing Mark 2 take shape. And apologies for being so grumpy during the last test round. I do appreciate the effort you and the rest of the team are putting in and fingers crossed that Precedent is really listening to us now. Belinda :slight_smile:

Hi Bob, was there any reason why I was told I was part of the test group, received an email telling me to expect another email at around 2pm on that day with instructions, and then didn’t receive anything further? Was looking forward to being in the test group and waited around and kept checking for instructions (even though there was a man drilling in my bathroom :evil: ) Pat x

There seem to have been a lot of problems with this new and improved site, Since i have eventualy been able to access this site i am interested to see the numbers of people that have “Tuned in” are nowhere near the number that used to be online.How do i check at a glance who is online as there are certain people that i used to chat with,but i can’t fathom out all the time as to who is on line as the information saying who is there doesn’t appear to be always available or is it just me? The old system seemed just fine. Mark.