Well after much worry saw my neurologist again, fully expecting a diagnosis of at least probable MS based on the lesions in my mri. But we are at a “strong possibility of MS” and booked in for a lumbar puncture. Apparently the lesions were identical in both scans (one month apart) so he doesnt think its too aggressive and we can wait til lumbar puncture results before deciding on possible treatment options. I have a few lesions in my brain and possibly one in my spinal cord. I am not sure if his relaxed approach to these was based on where they are in my brain - it was all so quick I only thought about asking that afterwards! Or just that there were no new ones/ changes.
And I do have a meningioma but he thinks it has been there for years as my brain has grown round it and not been pushed out of the way. But the good side of this is that I get another MRI at 3 months and then annually.
I think the plan is to wait and see unless either the lumbar puncture is positive, or the next MRI shows more new lesions, or I have another set of symptoms in which case I would be eligible for DMDs.
I feel a mix of in limbo and OK, I think because I was braced to expect the worst!
thanks for all your help and support. Going to have big glass of wine now xx