Undiagnosed unusual symptoms

Hey everyone, this is my first post.

I’m a 33 year old male. Last year I experienced some visual disturbance in one eye which could have been optic neuritis. I have been told by my consultant that it was a clinically isolated incident.

I’m currently awaiting a second MRI scan after the last one showed two brain lesions. The lumbar puncture came back negative but the visual evoked potential test came back abnormal. My consultant has told me I have a 50/50 chance of developing MS.

this past 4 weeks I’ve been experiencing Diarrhea and a fever for over a week which comes and goes. I’ve been to my GP and A&E and also the sexual health clinic to rule out anything but nothing obvious has been shown yet. The last 2 days I’ve experienced slight lower back pain. My eye sight also seems not quite right especially if I move from bright light into a dim room I don’t seems to adjust very quickly.

Do you think this could be MS related? Do you think it’s worth contacting an MS nurse?

thanks.

Simon.

Hello Simon

Yes, contact the MS nurse. If you’ve had a clinically isolated event (CIS), regardless of the LP result, with ON, 2 lesions and an abnormal VEP you are at a reasonably high risk of MS.

The diarrhoea and temperature are probably nothing to do with anything neurological, but anything dodgy about your eyes could be.

The worst that could happen is that the nurse says you’ll need to see the neurologist again.

Best of luck.

Sue

Ok, thanks Sue! I’ve called and left a message, they will get back to me tomorrow morning.