tsabari??

my latest mri has shown new lesions :frowning: neuro mentioned tsabri as he seems to think that rebif 44 not doing its job for me any more. any one taking this?? im so scared of changing to this. any help for me anyone :roll:

You mean Tysabri Ann? Sorry, just try to be helpful. Have not used it myself but have seen Tysabri being mentioned in connection with MS on many occasions. :slight_smile:

Hey Anne I have been on Tysabri for over two years now and it is really helped. Before that I was on Betaferon and Rebif, they reduced the severity of but not the rate of relapse. I as averaging 3 relapses a year before starting Tysabri and have had none since. Whilst it hasn’t helped as well as I would have hoped as far as the symptoms are concerned, it has given such a quality of life that I was able to complete a part time Access to Health Studies course as I would like to a p/t Occupational Therapy degree course at my local uni. None of this would have been possible before Tysabri. Most people that I know that have tried this have said nothing but good things about it. The only thing of concern is something called PML. It is a very rare brain infection caused by the JC virus. it can be very dangerous, they can etst for the JC virus and if you are then there is 1 in 350 (0.3%) of developing it. I have told my MS neuro and MS infusion nurse that I ain’t interested in the test being and told ‘em to save the NHS’ time and money! Why I would want to come off something for such a miniscule risk which has been of such benefit to me. Andy

sorry jo yes tysabri!! spelling is getting worse! and andy im glad its working for you…

Noticed the replies were a bit slow in coming - if you put Tysabri into the search box that searches the forum, you’ll get quite a lot of stuff about it. The forum search box is next to the one that says “Post a new topic”. Karen x

rizzo27 wrote:

Noticed the replies were a bit slow in coming - if you put Tysabri into the search box that searches the forum, you’ll get quite a lot of stuff about it. The forum search box is next to the one that says “Post a new topic”. Karen x

Hello Ann. I support what Karen suggests - there have been a couple of lengthy threads about the pros and cons of Tysabri over the past few weeks and they are well worth a read. It’s nice to have a search facility that works - past discussions can be a great mine of information. I’ve been on Tysabri myself now for a good few months. I had been having a nasty time with relapses and was happy to take the neurologist’s advice that Tysabri looked like the thing for me. Good luck with your decision. Alison x