trying again to indroduce myself..2nd try

I should probably have done this first as no doubt I’ve now convinced you I’ve got MPD :stuck_out_tongue: My name is Daisy and I have a daughter Anne who types out messages for me when I get too tired or when I’m just typing complete and utter rubbish. She should only type out what I ask her to but sometimes she gets carried away (yes, yes I do lol) You’ll probably be able to differentiate between who’s writing but I will try to remember to sign the posts. I’m 45 years old, Have been deaf since my teens and have a Cochlear Implant and have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis for the past 10 years, our family have a history of Autoimmune, I have siblings with RA, Osteo and Chrones. I used to work full time, part time when I was bringing up my children. About 12 years ago I came off a motorbike, don’t ask what I was doing on the motorbike, and broke my leg badly, I spent some time in hospital and then came out with a chair (was told I would always need a stick, more likely crutches and occasional use of chair) and a walking frame. The break seemed to activate RA but I’ve got used to that. I’m on pain relief and meds for the RA. Over the past year or so I’ve noticed a gradual decline in my ability to form complete sentences, even my signing has been off, an increase in falls and indeed in dropping things. I went to my GP about 10 months ago and was near enough told it was in my head, the pins and needles were because I wasn’t walking straight and my incoherent speech and tiredness was stress related. In Dec we moved but I waited to transfer to a new Dr, as soon as he saw me as part of the New Patient appointment he said he wanted to refer me to a neuro and he wasn’t convinced that my gait and clumsiness were all related to the RA. so we wait for a referral to the hosp but as i said to my daughter yesterday, I’m not sure what difference another diagnosis means if there isn’t a cure for it. I suppose I’ve just hated labels since I was a child, “the deaf one”, since I was a new mother, “oh you’re the Kiellands” or now since I’m “the batty one” :wink: Anne for Mum, Daisy