Tory B******s

I get what you say Moyna but I don’t believe it is not the politicians ideology which is driving this. If it was the “Humphrey Appleby’s” as you suggest then nothing would change no matter which pretty was in power. But, there is a marked change in rhetoric since the Tories came to power on their own. None of the cuts announced this week were on the cards before they got a majority and now that they are off the leash brace yourself for a lot more misery in the next five years. I hope it doesn’t affect your family too much but one thing is certain, it will affect the lives of thousands of vulnerable people.

Gary

1 Like

I was afraid this was going to happen as the Tories have full control now. The Lib Dems were obviously holding them back but I am afraid they will plough through anyone in their way now they are on their own. No matter how vulnerable we are.

Shazzie x

1 Like

The rights and benefits we have today were all fought for (literally in WW2) and achieved through someone else’s struggle.Our Old Etonian rulers have been trying their best to reverse them ever since and we appear happy to let them.

I find it sad that people seem to vote out of self interest these days, rather than what benefits society as a whole.

5 Likes

Yes I agree Whammel. I dont normally vote to be honest but this year I did, if only to avoid that ghastly man and UKIP getting in. I voted for the LIB DEMs as I think they are the only party that truly had policies that helped society as a whole. The Tories are not great I agree but then the last time Tony Blair was in the country was a mess too AND I really disagreed with their handling over the Iraq War etc

2 Likes

Good for you Moyna and glad to see you used your vote. I sincerely hope you continue to get the support you need, which is obviously no more than you deserve.

NHS is safe with Tories; I do not think so!

At present because of a sore on my backside; I am housebound and have been told I have ‘no possibility’ of getting a home visit by a GP; they have no doctors. This is before more ‘austerity’ cuts kick in.

I have written to the Prime Minister on the 24th May but to date; 6th June I have received no reply. They cannot; it takes seven years to train a GP so if they started training more five years ago; when they came to power; there would still be a two year wait to possible see one?

Not the hard worked doctors fault and if t wasn’t for our lovely overstretched District Nurses I certainly would not be here. I have no compunction in blaming this Government if I die.

Sure lets safeguard our children’s financial future but tough if they get ill. We must not relinquish any of our NHS; we must not privatise any part of our NHS; the best in the World.

It really infuriates me when Cameron says “When his child needed the NHS they gave fantastic service.” I think anyone would make sure they gave the best when confronted by the PMs Son.

George

1 Like

[quote=“ggood”]

NHS is safe with Tories; I do not think so!

At present because of a sore on my backside; I am housebound and have been told I have ‘no possibility’ of getting a home visit by a GP; they have no doctors. This is before more ‘austerity’ cuts kick in.

I have written to the Prime Minister on the 24th May but to date; 6th June I have received no reply. They cannot; it takes seven years to train a GP so if they started training more five years ago; when they came to power; there would still be a two year wait to possible see one?

Not the hard worked doctors fault and if t wasn’t for our lovely overstretched District Nurses I certainly would not be here. I have no compunction in blaming this Government if I die.

Sure lets safeguard our children’s financial future but tough if they get ill. We must not relinquish any of our NHS; we must not privatise any part of our NHS; the best in the World.

It really infuriates me when Cameron says “When his child needed the NHS they gave fantastic service.” I think anyone would make sure they gave the best when confronted by the PMs Son.

George

[/quote] lF only George - Labour had started training more GP’s when they were in office - then we would not be waiting now for them to qualify.

It makes my blood boil when i hear the the so called leader harp on about his poor son.

It makes me really really mad when I saw the idiot with his shirt sleeves rolled up when he was campaigning. What a twit. Does he think we are all thick? Takes more than rolled up sleeves to prove to me that the twit is hardworking.

xx

1 Like

Why is it that up until 4 weeks ago my GP; if needed; would do a home visit. I reiterate now I have no chance; I don’t need abacus to know who to blame!

George

Shazzie, your comment makes my blood boil more. I have a disabling neurological condition and have fought cancer. But the most devastating one to me is to have a son with downs and autism who also at the age of three had to have an eye removed due to a cancer. Whether or not he is the prime minister he will have suffered a great deal. Unless you have experienced this worst pain of all you cannot really comment on his situation with regard to his son.

I like him have and still do get great support from the NHS and social services for my son and I assure you that you dont have to be the PM to get this help as I am just standard “Joe Public”.

I reiterate again, that a parent with a severely disabled child is suffering the worst heartache possible. I can cope better with the foot drop, fatigue bowel issues etc and I would take much more if only to help my son.

Moyna x

2 Likes

Shazzie, your comment makes my blood boil more. I have a disabling neurological condition and have fought cancer. But the most devastating one to me is to have a son with downs and autism who also at the age of three had to have an eye removed due to a cancer. Whether or not he is the prime minister he will have suffered a great deal. Unless you have experienced this worst pain of all you cannot really comment on his situation with regard to his son.

I like him have and still do get great support from the NHS and social services for my son and I assure you that you dont have to be the PM to get this help as I am just standard “Joe Public”.

I reiterate again, that a parent with a severely disabled child is suffering the worst heartache possible. I can cope better with the foot drop, fatigue bowel issues etc and I would take much more if only to help my son.

Moyna x

unfortunately the turkeys successfully voted for christmas and we are now reaping what was sowed. in addition, for any politician to use the memory of his sick child to add weight to a claim that now, post election, seems to be a deliberate lie is beyond contempt.

how can we expect anything less than being thoroughly shafted by an opportunistic liar who celebrates selfishness and tax avoidance by his mates at the cost of his country.

those who voted him and the tories in have no room to complain when they are affected by the inevitable cuts. mores the pity that the vast majority of us will suffer.

i am truely lost for words…

5 Likes

Sorry if I offended you Moyna. I am sorry for what you and your son have been through but I have to say I don’t think you understand what I actually meant. I have had problems other than MS with my family so please don’t tell me I don’t understand. I empathise with you. I wasn’t insulting his poor son but the way he keeps saying how wonderful the NHS has been when caring for his son then he strangles the poor service to death. I know this first hand because I worked in that field.

Not going to comment any more on the subject as I think it is being misunderstood.

Agree with your comments Fluffyollie.

Shazzie xx

2 Likes

This article in the Guardian today sums up the Government attitude towards the disabled.

2 Likes

Just read that article and it makes me so mad. I would love to get hold of Cameron or Osborne in a one to one situation. We have a minimum of 5 years of this crap to go. There is no credible opposition and listening to the Labour leadership candidates just makes me depressed. They still don’t get it. Why should people vote for Red Tories when there is no difference from the Blue Tories. I am so worried about what they have in store for us over the next five years. It’s not often I think of giving up but am getting close to it.

Gary

1 Like

I am undiagnosed waiting for my first neuro appointment i have had to go on esa as i am too ill to work my job was care worker i recieve 73pound a week of which 32pound is rent because of bedroom tax leaves me 41pound for bills and food guess im poor want my health back so i can work and not worry about money .:frowning:

The vast majority in Scotland have not been reassessed for PIP but that will happen before the welfare changes are devolved as I said earlier. It makes it cheaper for Westminster to lessen the bill before that.Contribution based ESA will not be replaced as it is allied to your income. As I understand it ESA will now only be income based which means that all income will be set against it. Therefore if you have a pension of about £5600, that is what you will have to live on. As for DLA being a non means tested benefit the same applied to IB and they changed that so don’t hold your breath on the status quo remaining. Not going to rise to the bait re the SNP. I am on the opposite side of the fence from you, I don’t understand why anyone, when given the chance to make their own decisions, would vote to let someone else make them.

Gary

Very interesting reading Whammel.

Shazzie x

I think that if this is true we should all lobby our MPs, especially you people with private pensions and with Tory MPs. One can only hope that the opposition (including Scottish Nationalists) vote against these proposals if they come to fruition that is.

Most people do not think that disabled people need financial help, until that is someone in their family has a life changing disease.

What have they got to lose, they have 5 years to do what they like.

I did read the article Whammel, it was heartbreaking, I only wish others would read this, instead of the Daily doom, I mean Mail.

Wendy x

1 Like

Thanks for this link Whammel.

A disturbing read but everyone should read it.