The pain…oh the pain!

Hello! I’m new here and pre diagnosis.

I was diagnosed with TM in 2019 and after a new episode in July last year, my neurologist is doing more tests to find one more marker to diagnose MS.

I have been having extreme pain that runs from my left hip, into my thigh and then through the shin which is completely debilitating.

I tried gabapentin and am tapering off pre gabalin now because neither worked.

Does anyone have any insight as to what might work or any exercises or anything that helps manage their pain?

I’m completely at the end of my tether with it!

1 Like

Hi For me cannabis is amazing for pain I wouldn’t be able to cope without it, I have tried CBD oil it is good but for me I find cannabis better,if you do buy some cbd oil make sure you buy some which is 10% or more otherwise it won’t work.

1 Like

Maybe think about seeing an osteopath. They do more hands on massage than physiotherapists.

1 Like

Have the doctors done an MRI/X-ray of your hip?
The problem when you have the MS “label,” all symptoms are attributed to that. I had hip pain a few years ago and I was told it was my MS. It was so debilitating, but it turns out it was a completely different issue within my hip joint and I required surgery.
So maybe ask for some investigations if it feels quite acute? Hip pain can be strange as it does radiate to other areas such as thigh, lower groin.

When I was really bad, I was given amitriptyline at night to sleep, naproxen daily and that seemed to help a little. Also cycled through gapapentin and pregabalin. Tramadol also worked very well but is an opiate and makes you very woozy!

I’d just add that Tramadol make some people woozy but I was able to function just fine on the max dosage but my wife is a space cadet if she sniffs one! I think Lore is right about checking out other potential causes and not immediately going to MS