Tecfidera

I am very close to committing to Tecfidera as my DMT treatment but would love to hear from anyone already on it to share their experience of taking it.

regards

Hi Wibbly Wobbly

I have been on Tecfidera since August 2015, and it is the first DMT I have taken. I was diagnosed in May last year. I was very anxious at first but I have to say I have been fine so far. The first couple of months I had a few tummy issues but nothing that stopped me going to work. I had a little indigestion and nausea and took Zantac to help with this.

At first I tried to keep approx 12 hours between tablets and made sure I had a big breakfast, but after about 3 months I was able to have a smaller breakfast and now just have a little cereal or a piece of toast. I have also taken the tablets at lunch time then again after my evening meal.

I still have random flushing. It can be days in between flushes and I can see no pattern, but other than that it’s all good.

Good luck!

Ang

Thanks for reply. Good to know it is not too bad for you. I have decided to go for it as doing nothing is more of a worry. Thanks again.

Trev

hi wibbly

take your tec halfway through a meal, sort of trapping it between 2 lots of food.

i have omeprazole on standby for when i feel nauseous.

once you have a couple of weeks under your belt it’s plain saiing.

carole x

Thanks for that advice Carol. I shall make a note. I should be starting on the 5th of Feb, all being well.