I have MS and I am under medication (Tecfidera). I follow a standard regular monitoring programme with regular MRIs, blood tests (for Tecfidera) and nurses appointments. I am followed at Charing X hospital, London. I had my latest MRI at the end of July with a neurologist appointment planned at the end of September to go through the results.
I have now been told by Charing C hospital that my neurologist appointment has been moved to February 2018!!! I obviously can not wait until then as I am:
extremely anxious about the results - my last MRI showed some stability while all previous ones showed the illness spreading.
February should be roughly the time for my next MRI
I have been in touch with Neurologists secretary and been told that they were looking at potential options to reschedule…no progress so far.
What can I do to speed up the process? Can i obtain the pictures of my latest MRI from NHS (and get them analysed somewhere else - privately)? Can I complain about the poor treatment I am receiving and the sudden change in practice?
Anyone else experiencing the Charing X disaster?