SPC removed

It’s never TMI as far as B&B problems are concerned. I’m impressed by your style of catheter. That might’ve made a big difference to me.

When you’ve mentioned your way of tying your urine collection bag to your waist, I thought you had a belly bag. Which I couldn’t use because of the stoma. But I can’t see why your SPC method wouldn’t work with a colostomy.

But you’re right to be cautious about colostomy and your rapid transit. But you could try talking to the stoma nurses at your local hospital to see what they suggest, if you do reach that point. The stoma nurses I’ve met have (so far) been brilliant and virtually any problem seems to be resolvable.

Sue

Gosh Sue, you’ve had some tough times. Lots of luck. Love, Eve xx

So, just for those who are interested in the workings of my insides and the after effects of having an SPC removed!!

I have now completely finished with antibiotics (last one on Friday) after having taken some initially which gave me diarrhoea which is no joke with a stoma, I swapped to a different kind.

My UTI is gone. Hurrah! And my bladder is now pretty much back to pre SPC levels of how much it can hold.

I had a week of so of dreadful bladder urgency and frequency, which led to severe, then mild incontinence, which scared the life out of me and gave me a new insight into what you poor people with ongoing incontinence suffer.

Gradually I went from being unable to control my bladder at all, and needing big continence pads in the day and pants at night, to smaller and smaller pads. I’m now in general, continent, and although the urgency is quite bad at times, I’m managing. I even left the house yesterday. And managed to ISC in a disabled loo.

And I’ve started drinking wine again. I’m planning on a wee G&T later, now that I feel right again.

So all in all, having the SPC removed was definitely the right thing for me just now.

Sue

1 Like

So good to hear that Sue! Glad it’s settled down. I’ll pour you a G&T, just for medicinal purposes you understandx

Ooh ta. Just what I need.

Sue

I might start drinking gin simply to celebrate with you.

A

Shall I pour you 1 as well Mr D? I’m surprised, I’ve still got some left.

In “another place” you told us that you had enough booze to stock a large pub.

I’ll have a double, if I may?

Can I have a ‘home double’, rather than a ‘pub double’ please? I’m ready to start taking a few risks.

Sue

Of course, a Dc measure is far more than home versions or pub 1s.

You know, I nearly said, just a home double, not a DC double. I’m not convinced I could handle more than one DC double!!

It’s in a pint glass Sue, saves topping up all the time, I’ve added an umbrella, don’t eat it xx