Shielding/vulnerable list

Here we go again with the ever helpful Professor Giovannoni.

Prof G has tweeted information about people with MS who should be on the NHS vulnerable list, thus should have received a letter from the NHS advising them about their vulnerability to Coronavirus and access to anti-viral drugs if they contract Covid. (I didn’t see it - thanks to my lovely husband it came to my attention!)

I was about to phone my GP when Mr Ssssue suggested I check my email junk box. There in fact was the letter from the NHS. There should also be a PCR test kit coming in the post. If you’ve not received a letter or email (check your junk folder) there are instructions to contact your GP to ensure they are aware you should be on this list.

It also says that we should all have been offered (whether we chose to take it or not!) a third vaccine before the booster. I wasn’t - I thought it was just people on immune suppressing therapies, clearly wrong! I don’t know if this means those of us with 2 doses plus booster will now be offered another dose or 2nd booster??

https://ms-selfie.blog/2021/12/22/nhs-letter-to-patients-regarding-covid-19-antivirals/

Sue

1 Like

Saw my MS nurse today because of relapse. I received my vaccinations because of my age (just) rather than my MS. She mentioned that I might be due another dose in a few months (I had my booster at the start of November.
I am taking part in the National Statistics Office monthly survey so I have had the antibody test. It initially was positive went negative and returned to positive after the booster. I was on Tecfidera but paused because of low lymphocytes.

Hi, I received the email this morning. I have had to vaccines plus the boaster, don’t know about a third one.
My son has Crones, he had three jabs before the boaster

Rosie x

Suddenly we’re all ‘clinically vulnerable’. Odd. Never mind: if it means access to drugs to stop us getting frighteningly ill with Covid, hurrah for that. Thanks Sue.

1 Like

Thank Mr Sssue - he keeps me informed!! Agreed about availability of good drugs!

Sue

1 Like

didnt get a letter or email BUT i got the PCR test today, i says this is only registered to you. only use it if you have symptoms. as you maybe be eligible for new treatment.

Ive had no emails, letters or texts. Dont expect any either tbh.

This is a link to the letter: https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2021/12/C1480-patient-notification-letter-important-information-about-new-treatments-for-coronavirus.pdf

If you didn’t get the letter and have a confirmed diagnosis of MS, you should probably phone your GP and make sure they have the right information about you. That way, should you contract SARS-Cov19 and develop Covid, you can get easy access to the new anti viral meds.

And CC, as long as you have the PCR kit, you should have had the letter, but regardless, at least you know that the NHS has you registered as vulnerable thus eligible for anti virals.

I’m still very unsure about the extra jab. When I get to 3 months after my booster (beginning of February), if I’ve not been called for an extra jab, I’ll ask my GP. Luckily for me, they operate a vaccination centre, an easy wheelchair push just round the corner.

Sue

Hi, im also wondering if we will be offered another “booster” in a few months time as I too have had the 2 primary ones a while back and then the booster about a month ago and then found out that I could of had a third primary dose because I’m on fingolimod. Nobody had told me about it and gp/ms team don’t seem to know anything about it! So just wait and see like you said I guess…
Ps I’ve had the email regarding covid treatment but not received pcr test as yet… stay safe and merry Christmas

Hi i may have got the email but if it went into spam folder it would get deleted automatically so i would not have seen it. i have the box a red one lol all looked a bit scary lol. xxxx stay safe. xxx