Sensory MS and bladder / bowel problems (yuk!)

Hi Guys, looking for a bit of advice / support. I just mentioned to my MS nurse that I go to the loo a lot and that sometimes there was a delay before I could pee. I also have constipation. I was quite satisfied that it was because I drink a lot of liquid and was propably a side effect of pregabalin cos it interupts messages to the brain (I think). The next thing I knew I was referred to a continence nurse. I wasn’t worried because I “knew” there was nothing wrong. She made me keep a diary for a few days and then scanned by bladder. I failed her test completely. She said that I had about 250ml in my bladder when I had just emptied it - or so I thought! I was dumbfounded. I could not believe what she was saying when she said i would have to self catheterise 2 - 4 times a day or I would get infelctions and then kidney damage. She said that she will do the test again just to make sure. What is going on??? I was told I have sensory MS. My symptoms and blance, neuropathic pain, nausea and fatgue. Are bladder symptoms sensory, motor or automatic symptoms. I was always felt guitly for letting my symtoms get to me because many others suffer much more than me. At the same time I have anxiety about my symptoms getting worse and how I will be in the future. I am worried that this mean that my symptoms cannot be classed as purely sensory and that I was right to worry. I’m a realist and I think I will find it easier to deal with if I know what I’m dealing with. I am just stunned and am trying to think of a way out of this. Again I feel guilty for freaking out about this when I know so many of you deal with catherorising every day but I don’t want to be one of you. I would be grateful for any comments / info / feedback