Scared to Death

Hi Ian

Glad you have finally had the tests done and well done for taking those steps.

From memory (such as it is these days!) I seem to recall I had a bit of a gap of about two months between the first MRI and the follow-up appointment to look at results although I wasn’t particularly bothered at the time as my symptoms coincided with a football injury and that was all I thought was going on. How wrong I was when the nice Neurologist concluded a clinically isolated syndrome. The lumbar puncture was rather quicker turn round but mainly due to the fact that the lab at Charing Cross lost my samples… (twice, sigh). I guess it all depends on how proactive your Neurologist is - sorry can’t be of more guidance but it’s not going to be consistent. I completely understand where your head is going to be at with the uncertainty and empathise - we have all been there (and probably still are to some extent). Sounds a bit hollow and pithy but really try not to worry and concentrate on the positives in your life and what makes you happy.

Take care

Dru

Ian - as far as i can see, you have Dr Googled yourself and got into a fearful strop over something which may NOT be MS. Did the GP refer you to a neurologist? The eye problem seems to be the worse and I have to say, seeing a opthamolgist may be advisable. Did you see an optician? Mine saw the beginning of cataracts back in 2012 - had the op - much better. Its really a postcode lottery as to when/if you get test results, letters from consultants etc. Just hang in there - and try not to self diagnose.

1 Like