Salt

Interesting - Just saw this.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-news/2013/03/salt-intake-may-play-role-ms-new-research-suggests.

I’d be quiet suprised if salt was linked to Ms - but then you never know. I obviously don’t fit that box as I eat minimal salt and use low salw as my partner has cholestrol issues.

Reemz

X

Hi Reemz hope you’re well. I agree with you that I think it’s highly unlikely that salt is related to ms - I don’t use salt at all. Cook majority of my meals from scratch and never add salt to anything (except for chips from the chippy but it’s rare that we have a chippy!) My mum never cooked with salt and never added salt to anything when we were younger either so would be amazed if this study turns out in the future to be true!

Hi Karina

Haven’t seen you about much - nice to hear from you. Yeah I’m not too bad, better than I felt last year this time. Had a spell of feeling really good all symptoms gone between october and dec. But since the start of the new year some old symptoms reflared as well as few new. But hey ho at least it’s better than how I was. How are things with you?

Reemz

X

Hi Reemz, I’m not too bad plodding along as they say. I pop on here every now and then but working so much at the moment and going away on a couple of breaks soon so haven’t had as much spare time. I saw that you hadn’t been too great - is it getting any better? K xx

Hi Karina

Intermittent spasm on R side of my chest has gone but got a few sensory symptoms and fatigue which híts me out of nowhere. But at least my bladder is okay and I’m not really in pain like I was before.

How are things with your health? You going away anywhere nice?

Reemz

X

Hi Reemz, I can’t grumble too much my healths not too bad but got a urine infection/bladder infection which brought on some symptoms mainly dizziness and nerve pain which was driving me nuts slowly seems to be getting a bit better. Just got retested last week for my vitamin d levels as I think mine has dropped again - get the results back later this week but would be surprised if they hasn’t gone back down again. I’m driving up to Scotland next week and staying there for a few days and then going to croatia in April. Bit nervous as last time I wet away I came back ill so fingers crossed it doesn’t happen this time!

Out of interest, I googled ‘who consumes the most salt?’ and got link below.

It seems that Hungary is top, followed by Barbados, Japan, Chile and South Africa.

Now if my geography is correct, Barbados, Japan, Chile and S.Africa are all closer to the equator than the UK… so one would assume they have fewer people with MS… but they consume more salt?

Once again we get contradictions in info. I wonder if the researchers use Google?

http://www.wcrf.org/cancer_statistics/cancer_facts/salt_intake.php

However on a Canadian website it says that Canada consumes the most salt… and they have high levels of MS.

Confusing or what?

I think I’ll just ignore it… I try to keep to low salt anyway but virtually impossible when so much of our food is loaded with it before we even get it (breakfast cereals are full of it).

Pat x

Hí Karina

Bladder infections are annoying - hope you get rid of it. I thought my reflare of symptoms might be down to vit D too but my results just came back as normal. My neuro as gone on sabatical so been referred to Dr Malík instead now but no appointment through yet.

When I went away to Cyprus last year I came back very rested and feel it in some way helped me as Oct-Dec I actually felt back to normal. Saying that I had a two day trip to Israel last weekend (taking my partners Great Aunt who is 92 out) and my fatigue was terrible and I’m still feeling not 100%. I guess these things are unpredictable and we have to try and listen to our bodies.

Like you I’m just thankful things aren’t dramatically worse and trying to keep optimistic.

Really hope you have a good trip away - you never know, relaxing abroad with some sun (I presume ít’s warmer than here) might just be what you need.

Reemz

X

Dr Malik is supposed to be really good so it’s good news that you’re going to be seeing him - keep me posted on how you get on. We will both just keep our heads high and fight and appreciate the good days and deal with the bad ones! Hopefully there will be more good than bad! Sunshine is definitely what the doctor ordered - vitamin d here I come!

Will definitely keep you posted, and you me please. Yes I’m feeling optimistic that at least I’m seeing a good neuro. Keeping heads high sounds like an excellent plan :slight_smile:

Enjoy the trip - let me know how it goes when you get back.X

Reemz

X