RRMS GPs & MRIs

I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2013. In that time I’ve had a few relapses, thankfully none of which have required treatments or medication and symptoms have subsided after a period of weeks.

I’ve recently started experiencing symptoms again, numbness and tingling from my torso down to my toes and in my hands and today I have really stiff legs.

My question is, do I need to speak to my GP about my recent relapse? Is an MRI required to log any progression? Since my diagnosis I’ve only ever had 1 other MRI after relapse and that was a long time ago.

Thanks in advance!

If you want to be considered for any disease modifying treatments then you need to get back into the system, so start with your GP. Many more meds available now than back in 2013, so it might be something you want to pursue, or at least discuss the options.

1 Like

Hello Milliemoo, welcome to the forum.

If you have an MS nurse then you should 'phone him or her first.

If you don’t have a nurse, then as you must have been diagnosed by a consultant neurologist, you could try contacting their office at the hospital.

Failing that, speak to your GP.

I hope it isn’t a relapse, but when in doubt you should always talk to someone

Ben

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.

I do have an MS nurse (or at least I still have the card for the MS nurse which I received 9 years ago!) so I guess I’ll start there.

Thanks again x

1 Like