Forum

Reporting to you about fatigue clinic

9am appt this morning didn’t know who I was seeing or if 1:1 or group. I was hoping it would be a group setting, it was me and 2 O.T’s. I was given a questionnaire before going in looking at mood, physical affect MS has on life style, expectations for the future (my interpretation).

I was asked about my daily routine, what stresses me and my nutritional intake, I came away with a few changes I knew I needed to make to preserve energy like eating in the morning (I hear you say that’s obvious!) I just haven’t for years. Plan and prioritise (which I try to do but lose concentration) buy an exercise bike so I can do a bit of cardiovascular work only 5-10 minutes at a time. Get back on the Amatadine when back in stock,urology appt ahead to help with night toilet calls, gave me a relaxation C.D and an exercise DVD for M.S sufferers, they gave me info for neuro support to advice with housing situation. It was a one off appt unless I need any more help.

Pauline xx

3 Likes

Interesting Pauline. Sounds like they were quite thorough and the suggestions realistic. Sometimes it’s the putting them into practice that’s the hard part though isn’t it? I was also told recently that the exercise I was doing to strengthen my core and other muscles wasn’t adequate and I needed a cardio workout too so I became a member at a local hotel pool and have been swimming most days. I actually do feel better for it and because I go with family we motivate each other and both me and my dad who’s recovering from cancer can already see that we’re improving slightly. So as stupid as it sounds, exercising to beat fatigue it does help, within reason of course. Take care.

Cath xx

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m with Cath on this one. Regular exercise is actuallly the best cure for fatigue imho. I feel awful, struggle to walk an appreciable distance etc. if I have gone more than 2 days ‘without’ having been down the gym; they know me very well there now, so the social interaction helps enormously as well. Chin up, CP.

4 Likes

I had a similar experience, but the Neuro Department actually sent an O.T. to my home. She went through all the things you listed, she also gave me a memory test, i asked her was this routine. She said no, she did it because when she spoke to my wife she said that I forget things she tells me. I said thats nothing to do with my memory more to do with my ears, in that after a while I stop listening :slight_smile:

3 Likes