Refused PIP!!!

I was also given 0 points for ‘planning and following journeys’ even though I explained my cognitive difficulties relating to this.

I think that question relates to mental health and guess that evidence of mental health issues would be necessary? I was given 12 points for ‘moving around’ though so it didn’t make any difference to the award.

1 Like

I wonder why no one has raised a legal challenge, there is plenty of proof for, at least, incompetence. (if not downright deliberation)

1 Like

I wish someone would raise a legal challange.I don’t know how they are getting away with it.Its funny isn’t it that the report damning PIP was released the day after the election.When i had my PIP assessment i felt very ill after it she tried confusing me all way though it.Next time i have an assessment i will tell them i will answer one question at a time.I think its down to luck on the day if you get a decent and honest assessor.I got a witch doing mine.I knew as soon as she spoke i would loose my car and i did and i also got my care lowerd too.The only reason PIP was brought in was to lower peoples awards after years of being on DLA the whole system stinks.I cant belive that people think its just to get the fraudsters off benefits.This is an attack on the genuine disabled and they should be ashamed.Its costing them millions too as a lot of very disabled people are appealing and winning.

1 Like

When I had my assessment in 2016 my assessor was brilliant and I was given standard daily living. I have heard that some of the assessors are horrible. If they aren’t prepared to listen to people and try to understand how there life is affected by their disabilities they shouldn’t be doing that job!

1 Like

Jaydee - you say that “the report damning pip was released the day after the election” which report are you talking about? The report that was released by the MS society, MS Fails and asked people to sign a letter to encourage any new government to look at the issue was released a few weeks before the election. I know this for a fact as I know one of the case studies detailed and he told me about the report and when it was going to be released.

Are you talking about a different report?

charlie

PIP assessment is all a game and dependant who assesses you. It’s luck of the draw.

1 Like

The last time I was assessed at home, the lady assessor told me she had 35 years experience within the NHS, on a maternity ward but decided to cut her hours as NHS work was getting to straining, so she went on a PIP course to become an assessor.

Apparently its a 5 or 6 week course and your done !!

Maternity and a neurological disability such as MS, I’m trying to see where the 35 years on a maternity ward helps to asses someone with a disability such as MS.

Maybe I’m just synical and missing the point !

2 Likes

I totally agree.I was not aware just how bad things were UNTIL i went through the process from DLA to PIP,I am on a few forums for PIP and the whole system is corrupt.The way people are suffering is just disgusting.

1 Like

yes it was in the papers and on MSN

HI deb, i wonder if its where you live…I know quite a few people who have gone for PIP in my area who do not have MS. they have mental health issues or other things going on and all have gotten PIP. most standard i dont think any of them got the high rate though but were happy with what they had.

I went for my assessment on 2016 my husband took me in our WAV and i used my wheelchair and my care worker pushed me in. I was going from DLA to PIP. i was scared and felt sick because of all the horror stories i had been reading. I had a lovely guy he really was the best, put me at my ease, told me i would only be there about 20 minutes as they had been sent some great supporting stuff from my GP and the neuro. I have mine for 10 years.

I was in there about 25 minutes. I got enhanced in both. I really did not find him bad at all and all the others i know who went for PIP said they were treated fairly. Yet i know a few up north who had a bad time.

I do think it some respects it has changed and more people seem to be having a better time of it, well they do here anyway where i live.

MERRY XMAS.

I am in same position …apart from had to give up car 4 years ago couldnt feel pedal…got the capability for work questionnaire to fill out now …under 5 years ill get my pension…

Does everyone, at times with m.s get so bloody weary of the pain and the knowledge that its not going to get any better, every now and then we hear of new potential medical break throughs that never seem to filter through, I’m worn out with it all

Yes but you would be better starting your own thread hun, as it might not get picked up. xxxx

1 Like

Mmmm, heard so many awful stories about PIP assessments. I did get my transfer from 20 years on DLA to PIP ok, but the months of worry beforehand were terrible.

UPDATE

From being refused PIP as I can walk 200m (not 20 as stated by real medical professionals)

That error(?) was not even mentioned in the MR decision letter.

I can now only walk 20m, but, as after a rest, I can carry on, that does not count (MR decision)

They brought in the 20m rule, now they are ignoring it when it suits them (Moving Goalposts anyone)

Have now gone to appeal tribuneral as I am too stubborn to give up (The ‘stubborn’ bit is a real diagnosis from a REAL doctor)

Watch This Space

Hi I’m appalled and disgusted at the way they are assessing people. When I had mine my assessor read back to me what she was going to submit and asked if I agreed or not. Think I was one of the lucky ones who had a good assessment. When you’re assessed can you ask to hear what they are going to put and discuss your objections there and then? Good luck with the appeal. I hope you’re successful