Quite a day today.1 appointment after another!!

I think our boys would get on well, shame we live so far apart. Cam is nearly 15 so he has the ADHD AND the hormones!!! Everyday is a party in this house

He is the same with the caring, we lost our old dog a few years ago and he was heartbroken. I had to ring the school to tell them because I knew it would affect his behaviour.

PM me anytime if you need to chat. We are off to CAHMS again on Thursday so will ask about meds or if they think its too late.

xxx

ooh, yes, 15 and ADHD. Tough times. I am not looking forward to that I must admit.

Never too late to medicate ADHD (I know of adult males only just starting on the meds route after years of suffering) but it’s something I did think long and hard about. After discussing it with Nelson, it was him that changed my mind because he was desperate to try something. I kept telling him it wouldn’t be a miracle cure or anything and meds may have nasty side-effects but he was still keen and I decided that, at 10 years old or so, he is old enough to be part of the decision. It is him who has the ADHD after all.

I think we are lucky in that the first med he tried has been fantastic and he doesn’t get any horrible side-effects from it. I know everyone is different and some kids taking his med do get unwanted side-effects.

I can’t remember where you are in the country. I am in Bedford. When we moved here I joined a group that was meant to be for ADHD help and sipport but it was just a bunch of mum’s talking about their kids who mostly had ASD.

I didn’t find it helpful for me personally so I didn’t go back.

I find it quite hard to mix with people in general though and do have some ASD tendencies myself. I don’t know how to cope with emotrional stuff too well and prefer facts to get me through tough times.

I guess we are all a bit of a nightmare in this house lol

My eldest shows signs of Asperger’s but he is not keen at all to take it further so I respect his wishes.

Hi Nikki, you are going through the mill so glad you are getting the support both you and tour son deserve and are entitled too. For the last 10years I have worked with young adults with varying degrees of autism, aspergers etc if you ever need any info feel free to pm me. Take care love Karen xxx